Write a new blog
|28-10-2009 - 20 week SONOGRAM Details! I need your help...Please
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Happy, but need help with something!
I had my 20 week anatomy check lastnight, 27 Oct 2009. All was good, they want me to come back in 4 weeks beause they didn’t get a good look at the hands and fingers, should I be worried? The doc didn’t seem to be, but he said they were able to see everything else but the sono tech didn’t get a great look at the fingers and hands. He said he isn’t saying the hands aren’t there but they just want to make sure all is good. I am worried, should I be? I hope all is ok. If he thought it was an issue don’t you think he’d have me back sooner? Like in 2 weeks, not 4? Have you ever heard of stuff like this? He said sometimes they can’t get a great look at the brain or lungs or other stuff, so in my case it was the hands.
When I had Lia's 20 week anatomy check all was great, so that is what makes me worried, I say to myself why did you see Lia's hands and not this babies hands. Do you guys think that it just wasn't a clear look because her placement perhaps? Oh and yes, IT'S A GIRL : ) I joined the pink team again, I am so happy to have another girl, YAYAYAYAY.
Would my doctor have made it seem more serious to us and not been so chill about it if he really thought she may not have hands? I did have a HUGE bladder, it was so full that the sono tech made go to the bathroom before she did the scan. She told me to leave some pee in there for her though, which I did, and she said wow, you still have a good amount in there. Help me, has anyone been through a situation like this before? Thanks for the help! XO Dana
Her Hear beat per minute was 154
I lost a pound since my last check-up five weeks ago
My blood pressure was 112 over 75
So, I am doing great otherwise : )
Take Care everyone!
19 Comments on 20 week SONOGRAM Details! I need your help...Pleasemilitary~mommy
- Thursday, 29 Oct Congrats on another girl! I am sure nothing is wrong with her, but I will keep you guys in my thoughts. yorkie puggle
- Thursday, 29 Oct awwwww thanks girls : ) you rule! sandy127962
- Wednesday, 28 Oct congrats Dana on the little girl! how exciting sisters! Not to worry I am sure all is fine with your little baby. Our first Dana kept hiding her hands behind her head the little stinker..anyway congrats to you and your family ChloeandTwinsmom
- Wednesday, 28 Oct yeeey congrats on having a girl :)im sure all will be finexxx *dcsfantasticfour
- Wednesday, 28 Oct Dont worry love. everything will work out just fine amanda4964
- Wednesday, 28 Oct I wouldn't worry if I were you. Maybe your baby had it's hands together so they could not count the fingers. They wouldn't make you wait so long if it was serious. My baby always has it's hands curled up under it's chin, so it took ages for the tech to see the fingers! cluckandjen
- Wednesday, 28 Oct With my first I had to go back as they couldn't measure his head properly....sure all is well, congrats a lil baby girl!! lovinlivin
- Wednesday, 28 Oct Hey Dana. I know it's easier said than done but I don't think you should worry too much either. However, I know I would. I don't really think that your u/s person meant literally what was said but I know it's hard not to play it over again and again in your mind. Hang in there! Like 1blessedmomma said, sometimes the babies don't cooperate. :) Let us know what happens..... gr8scottswife
- Wednesday, 28 Oct No don't worry. Cherryb0m
- Wednesday, 28 Oct yay for a little princess!! i wouldn't worry too much. i'm sure they just couldnt get a very good look. i'm sure all her little hands fingers feet and toes are there and just perfect :-) hippiemommy09
- Wednesday, 28 Oct i wouldnt worry, when i got my 20 week sono i got a call back saying they had found something wrong with his leg measurements and i had to go back in two weeks just to find that they didnt get a good measurement and that he was growing and doing just fine..sometimes the little ones just dont cooperate enough for them to get all the information they need so they ask you back later to try again. they would let you know if they were worried. BraxtonsMommy0516
- Wednesday, 28 Oct I too had to go back again because they couldn't see Braxton's spine and the next time the saw it but it still wasn't clear. Braxton turned out just fine so it's probably her position and the picture just wasn't very clear. cpalmer
- Wednesday, 28 Oct yay!!!!! congrats on another girl :) how awesome! when i had my 20 weeks u/s with sav i had to go back because they didnt get a good look at her palate (they wanted to make sure she didnt have a cleft something) but all was good, dont worry hun :) yorkie puggle
- Wednesday, 28 Oct Ahhhhhhh thanks girls, your comments have me feeling much better now. **UPDATE** I am going back in 2 weeks rather than 4 weeks, I had my hubby call for me and ask if we can be seen sooner, and they said no problem, and they also said that if the doctor thought something was wrong they would have sent me out to a specialist for further testing to see if the hands were there. I feel much better! Thank you all for the comments : ) XO Dana amy011
- Wednesday, 28 Oct Hey Dana, CONGRATULATIONS on your baby girl!!! I understand why you're worried but I think everything will be fine, if they were worried they would not leave it 4 weeks, and they would be open and tell you if something wasn't right, try and relax as much as you can. Remember every pregnancy is different as well so seeing everythin with Lia's 20 week doesn't mean you will with this pumpkin! Big hugs xx chrissi10990
- Wednesday, 28 Oct I wouldnt worry, with my last pregnancy i had to go back 2x cuz she was in a bad position to get the pics they needed :) momof2hopfully3
- Wednesday, 28 Oct aw congrates on the girl and i wouldnt worry about having to go back, i have to go back because they didnt get a good picture of his spin or face so.... mandarae
- Wednesday, 28 Oct Glad to hear your doing so good and try not to worry about the baby! At my 20 wk with the twins, they couldn't find some valves or something with the heart - they didn't tell me of course, but at the next ultrasound the next month the tech told me she was able to get all the missing parts! About crapped! Prob a good thing I didn't know! I am sure all is well!!! Congrats on joining the pink team! I hope to see on Friday if I am with you there as well!!! 1blessedmomma
- Wednesday, 28 Oct I wouldn't worry. With my second baby, I had to go back because they couldn't see everything, Sometimes baby doesn't cooperate. Congrats again. :^)