Write a new blog
|21-1-2009 - How~To~Have~A~Girl?
||My mood while writing this blog:|
desperate for answers...
Ok if there is anyone out there who has had a little girl I just want to know was there anything special that you did or did not do?
Ive been become so programmed to using dr shettles book that ive done everything called for such as ~Absolutely no female orgasm (this suxz!!!)
~Position Missionary only (my husband is starting to dislike bdin due to boredom)
~Diet (im starving!not literary but it is so restrictive!!things I can and cannot have..)
~Vinegar Douche (I think this may be preventing me from even getting pregnant!And its not good for me and they have said not to do it anymore I know this ive just been trying everything...)
~Timing (well this is messed up for me anyways cause af has came once in eight months!)
~Opk (always negative well I never get the smily face but the lines due vary in light/darkness)
Ok so im going crazy with all this ~~~~~ So out of everyone whom has concieved a girl and remembers And feels comfortable sharing with me did you follow any of these guide lines whether intentional or not?
example Positoning?,o or not ????timing????
This would be very helpful to me thanx .............
9 Comments on How~To~Have~A~Girl?lissie *team blue*
- Thursday, 22 Jan Technically you are considered infertile after 1 year of trying to conceive at the appropriate time each month. However you are considered infertile after 6 months of ttc at the appropriate time each month if you already have a child. I learned this in my women's health class. There are many things we can do to get things working properly though! A lot of the time it can be simple to fix! Seeing a fertility doctor would be a good idea. In fact 1 in 10 couples have find it difficult to conceive. 50% of problems are b/c of male and 50% are b/c of female. Sometimes it is the combination of the couple. A fertility doctor can figure out what you personally need to do to get pregnant. You are in the highest fertility bracket age wise and you already have a sweet baby so keep your head up! Good luck!
PS I am shocked that your doctor would say what they did! It is not normal to miss af like that for anyone!!! crystal10102007
- Thursday, 22 Jan Okay, warning - there should be a censor on my input below so for those who hate TMI, stop reading, but if it helps mom22to2boys then I need to say it.
First off I think you should see a different doctor. If you have already been trying for more than a year he should be refering you to a fertility clinic where they are specialised in this area, especially if he knows that you are probably not ovulating. A friend of mine tried for a year and then got pregnant, unfortunately she miscarried after six weeks. Her doctor is sending her to a fertility clinic because she only ovulates every second month, instead of every. So there are doctors out there who care. You are wanting another baby and have tried, and this is important to you and I'm not sure your doctor is understanding that.
I do have a girl and we BD'd every second day, a couple times two days in a row from the time I finished AF until a few days before I expected AF again, approximately 2 weeks in total, we Bd'd nine times, in those two weeks. I always orgasm. We used regular lubrication (not pre-seed) and we always do it with me lying on my stomach and him behind me (not because of ttc but because that is what we both enjoy the most) I would turn over after and lay with a pillow under my but for about 10-15 minutes.
Throw that book away. The vinegar may be killing the sperm because it is way too acidic. Try to enjoy having sex again, if you aren't orgasming then it isn't fun, and if it isn't fun then you won't want to BD and you can't get pregnant if you don't.
I wish you the best of luck and hope to see pink in your near future. I apologize if I have scarred anyone for life with my explicit details and hopefully they don't kick me off the site if I have broke any rules :)
Keep me posted! MamaCas31
- Thursday, 22 Jan I agree, I believe that God sends you your little bundles and He makes the choice on the gender....but that doesn't mean you can't put in a special request! I have a girl and a boy (I know, not fair right?)...I didn't do anything different between the two conceptions that I am aware of...but I knew deep down with each pregnancy what I was pregnant with before the ultrasound. My daughter's pregnancy seemed delicate, and my son's seemed hearty and strong. Hang in there! tamy
- Thursday, 22 Jan if you wanted a baby girl then stop vineger douche and salty things . it's perfectly normal for healthy people to ttc for six months because it happen to me and i was perfectly normal and healthy at that time so don't stress about it. you are going to be just fine just keep trying ................ Vicki--mommy of 4
- Thursday, 22 Jan I'm sorry hun, I've got 3 girls and 1 boy. I do think my girls were conceived missionary position but I think my boy was too. I honostly think it's whatever soul God sends to you is what you're going to have. I don't think the douche is a good idea. I think I've read somewhere that you should only douche once, maybe twice a year because it can mess up your ph balance down there. My best advice (which is probably not worth much) is just to have fun with it and let what happens, happen. I would go get a second opinion though because only having 1 period in 8 months is def not normal and needs to be looked into if not for ttc issues but just gyn issues. trinity
- Thursday, 22 Jan I wish I knew what to tell you with my first two girls I just had sex and with orgasm. I had no clue about ovulation. With my boy I was using ovulation as my bc and I ended up conceiving him t days befor I o. I think this is a girl and was conceived 3 days before. My mil had 3 boys so the decided to adopt a girl. Instead of trying their luck. thebigtomato
- Thursday, 22 Jan If you aren't cycling, you aren't going to get pregnant. There is a chance that you will catch that once every 8 months ovulation, but it's highly unlikely. I would see a different doctor. You need to be put on Clomid for three or four months first and then referred to an RE. If your doc makes you wait 6 months before you even start Clomid, you are going to get extremely frustrated and the RE is gonna wonder why the heck your doc didn't send you there FIRST. My advice is, see a new doc, tell them you've been trying for over a year with no help, tell them how your cycles are, and DO NOT tell them about the shettles method. kirra82
- Thursday, 22 Jan I agree - throw that book out... I actually want to have a boy and unfortunately us women have nothing to do with determining gender, it is all up to our darling husband and their swimmers!!!! Male sperm supposeably swim faster than female but die quicker, meaning that if you have sex before you ovulate you will more than likely have a daughter, so if you have sex on the day of ovulation it will more than likely be a son... I proved this with my baby as we BD 3 days before I ovulated and didnt BD on the day of ovulation... I hope you get what I mean :) Good luck xx carlsonlove757
- Thursday, 22 Jan Hey there! I am so sorry for all of your troubles with TTC. I didn't have prob with TTC, but my only advice would be to honestly just relax and have fun with it. I too feel like your mind can play tricks on you and make your body do weird things. Just let it go for a while, relax, try not to think about it and put it in Gods hands. My second and last piece of advice would be to def stop the vinegar douche. I do not recommend putting anything inside of you like that. Your body will work itself out and will work just fine if you give it a chance. I hope that things work out with your husband and like you said, appreciate your boys and give them your all. Good luck!!:)