1A1V-(Single-Umbilical-Artery)

This topic contains 159 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  lilpigz 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • Author

saralou

Hi, I am now 37 weeks and my little girl is doing great. She’s above average size and no issues. they are doing weekly non-stress-tests to be on the safe side. My Dr also said that she would probably not let me go over due. So all in all, they are been very over cautious (I had prior late loss, but nothing to do with SUA). My high risk Dr said he sees this all the time and never sees any issues. Only 3 weeks to go!!

Hello guys!

I’m a newbie. First of all, I like to say thank you to all of you for posting your great stories and information!
    I’ve just recently been told by my doctor that my unborn child has SUA despite the fact that other findings were normal. I am 18 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second one.
    I am a little scared right now. Only my husband and closed friends know about my situation. None of my other folks know, especially my parents. They would freak out and pray none stop. I am trying to be optimistic as I can be, but I can’t help but to think about it. After I was told about my baby’s condition by the MD that performed my sono, I immediately googled it using my phone while waiting for my OB in the waiting room. Of course, I was so fixated with the bad news that I was reading! My OB and friends told me to not read anything on the internet. They are right! But curiosity kills the cat, right??
    So I came across you guys after 3 in the morning! Thanks to you, I am feeling much better!
    My next sono is in a month. I hope I will hear good news. If anyone of you guys have anything to say, please do so. Thanks!

KayEve

Hi Everyone… I’ve had a rough day today. Doc told me I have a SUA. We have an echocardiogram booked for babe in 2 weeks. I’m almost 22 weeks pregnant.
    It helps to read happy endings… maybe I’m making a bigger deal out of this than it actually is? At this point, I’m just scared and worried.

Any advice?

Bess05

Hello ladies, I was just diagnosed with SUA well they said it ‘appears to be’ at my 12 week scan. I am so anxious and can’t wait another 6 weeks to find out more. Did any of yu have an earlier u/s to confirm? and yes the internet has freaked me out beyond belief! I am only 14 weeks along so I still have a long way before I feel better. Please feel free to message me any advice or experiences

rennie311

For you mom’s and dad’s that just discovered you have SUA, think on the positive side of things! When it was discovered (or thought to be discovered) at a 20 wk ultrasound I, like many, went to the internet and paniced somewhat but also knew it was out of my hands. I went for frequent ultrasounds (every 4-5 weeks) throughout my pregnancy and had a healthy baby girl 7lbs 10 oz three days overdue. When she was born the following day was sent for ultrasound on her kidneys, ECG, and chest x-ray and we were told nothing significant appeared in the tests other than having one kidney slightly larger than the other. Two weeks after she was born we noticed some blueness on her face and her doctor as a precaution especially with the SUA sent us to a pedicitrian. We have been back and forth to a children’s hospital and she has some MILD issues associated with SUA. A heart murmur due to a VERY small hole between her upper chambers and we are still visiting for her kidneys as she is expelling too much calcium in her urine. She has had several ultrasounds on her kidneys and most recent a renal scan to determine renal tissue activity (she’s now 5 months old). As I said, minor issues that we feel are being fixed thanks to the care and expertise of her doctors. Enjoy your pregancy, put your stress at bay, and look forward to your new babe! All the best…

saralou

The internet can be scary, but I am not going to say don’t look – because I do think it is good to be informed when talking to your Drs…. It is their job to sort out the fact from fiction and help rationalize the different opinions out there. My little girl is due any time in the next 2 weeks and so far, everything looks great. No issues seen on the detailed ultrasounds and no growth restriction – she was a whopping 7 2/4 lbs at 37 1/2 weeks. From what I have learnt over the last 6 months (since I got diagnosed), is that more than likely everything will be fine. My Dr was extra cautious and monitored my growth carefully. I’ll post back once she arrives and let you know how she is. Try not to worry too much (easier said than done!!).

saralou

Bess 05 – I think you have to wait because they will not be able to take a good like at your babies kidneys and heart until she is 20 weeks. My Dr said that if the SUA is isoloated (ie, no other issues found in a detailed scan), then more than likely everything will be fine.

Bess05

Thank you ladies for answering my questions, I am glad to hear things are going well. I will let you know in 6 weeks how things with me are 🙂

bluetetra

Hi yall. I am now 24 weeks carrying a baby girl who has been confirmed to have a SUA and also HAD a cystic hygroma. We have opted for no testing until she gets here other than an EKG. I’m curious how the statistics change if you have both a SUA and a CH.

Bess05

bluetetra: I wish you all the best I am not familiar with either condition. My u/s is on May 10 so I will know more about myself later. Please keep us posted on how you are feeling and coming along…

KellyG

Just wanted to let you ladies know that my son is currently 2.5 years old. When I was pregnant with him at my 5 mo u/s I found out about the single vessel cord. I was very worried and pretty heavily monitored from then on. The dr said they were concerned that he wouldn’t get enough nourishment and would have a low birth weight.. or worse. I was induced at 38.5 weeks and delivered a very healthy baby that weighed in at 7 lbs 11 oz.

Bess05

thank you kellyg that really helps 🙂

KellyG

*two vessel cord

Bess05

hi ladies, just an update had my 20 week scan and what appeared to be a single artery is actually 2. i didn’t get more info from the tech but that was enough 🙂 will keep you posted on the actual results once i speak to my midwife. thanks for the support while i waited for this scan, by the way the tech said she sees it alot with no problems

Bess05

Just a quick update, we confirmed it is actually a 3 vessel cord. The baby is healthy and all is good! Goodluck to those ladies that find out it is only a 2 vessel cord and take comfort that all I’ve read confirms it is a new ‘norm’ and in most cases everything is fine. The technician and my midwife were not concerned at all when we still thought it was a single artery. Good luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.