1A1V-(Single-Umbilical-Artery)

This topic contains 159 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  lilpigz 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Author

courtenay

hey ladies 🙂 i just wanted to pop back in here and say hello, i havent been here in a long time. My 2 vessel cord baby is almost 2 now. shes 19 months, shes smart, shes beautiful, shes funny, she talks up a storm and is quite a little monkey. shes perfect and healthy and we had no complications from the cord. my story is probably pages back on here but i just wanted to bring some positivity to someone in a scary time ( i remember what it was like). she was born at 39w1d and was a whopping 8lbs 13oz (so not early or small).

millerof4

I am 53 weeks and found out at my 20 week ultrasound my baby boy has sua but i am trying to research some of the problems that could be wrong i have 3 other lil ones and did not have any thing wrong like this please help

katy7

Hey! wow. All these comments feel so re-assuring that everything will be okay. Of course, though..there is always doubt in the back of my mind. I just found out yesterday at my 19 week ultrasound that my umbilcal cord has only 1 vein and 1 artery. At first, I had no idea what to expect. What I do know is that they don’t make a big deal out of out if they do not find any other abnormalities within the ultrasound. I won’t be getting my next ultrasound until 32 weeks. Pretty much the one artery, one vein may make it more difficult for the nutrients to pass to the baby– however, I have no idea why it would be associated with brain problems, down syndrome or mental retardation–like some of those websites state. Yeah—there is only one artery, however..how many people do you know live with one kidney everyday? It just makes you baby unique. Think Positive and know that everythings going to be okay! 🙂

Bess05

ladies just popped back in here, wanted tom add my midwife also mentioned that there could be 2 arteries just fused together. There are many possibilities and I was told it was the new norm, so try not to worry, i know easier said than done ……

LeahSugar

I’m 20 weeks pregnant and I just found out from my ultra sound scan that my baby has a single umbilical artery as well as Ventricular Septal Defect. I’m told that both of these are very common but when put together it is cause for concern.
    Has anyone else had this experience? I’m scared and not too sure what is going to happen and would really appreciate any feedback/advice 🙂

Delphina

Hi LeahSugar, I am in the same boat with you. I found out that my baby has a single umbilical artery as well as a Ventricular Septal Defect when I was 20 weeks pregnant. The Ultrasound doctor also tols me that my baby was measuring 1 week behind Now, I am 27 weeks, so please if you read my comment, let know how things are progressing with you.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

I gave birth to a little boy8-4-2010 who has SUA and he had Cadual Regression Syndrome with overlapping V.A.C.T.E.R.L. factors syndrome. He passed away 2 hours after birth. I had high amniotic fluid and went into preterm labor at 29 weeks, got it stopped and delivered him at 30 weeks. He was missing his spine from his shoulder blades down, his heart was too big, he had TOF (a heart defect) only 1 kidney, his stomach didn’t descend completely, his legs were bent and fused and did not move, his esophagus was fused shut , his anus was covered with skin and he was missing some ribs. I was told the drs were not sure if his SUA caused it or if what he had caused the SUA.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

SRM sorry for your loss, it sounds like you little boy had a lot of issues other than just the SUA, did they do a post mortem, maybe that can offer you some peace of mind. Did you know any of the issues before giving birth.

Anyone know what the odd of this happening again are? Trying to concieve number 2 at the moment and DS had this when he was inside, no other issues with it though and was born healthy and 8lb 1oz.

lilpigz

hoping-3-become-4- My Dr said it was a slim chance of ever recurring,. This is the same diagnosis our baby girl just had at 18 weeks when we lost her. It was the only abnormality noted in her autopsy, but they told us it was not her direct cause of death.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.