1A1V-(Single-Umbilical-Artery)

This topic contains 159 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  lilpigz 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 160 total)
  • Author

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Hello ladies,
    My baby was also diagnosed with SUA at our 20 week appt. I, like all of you, was very very scared and did the worst thing I could have done and googled it. My doc assured me that he sees about 2 or 3 cases of this with moms every month and it is very rare for him to deliver baby with any major issue linked to the SUA. I had 7 u/s throughout my pregnancy and 5 non stress tests each week at the end. My son arrived 11 days early and was 6lbs 13oz. He was/is perfect. We had the renal ultra sound when he was 9 days old which is just routine for SUA babies. We got great results from the u/s and he is now 16 days old and a perfectly healthy baby.
    I hope this makes you feel a little better. I know each time I read a possitive birth story from a mom that had SUA it made me feel a little better. I know it is hard, trust me, I spent the second half of my pregnancy very cautious of my boys movements and everything. Things turned out great, and I am sure they will for all of you as well.

dore

2 days ago the new doc send me to the hospital for a non stress test , because babies heart rate was low and she measured suddenly much less then previous time !?! First they said she was 4lbs 15 oz and 2 minutes later they ‘got her up to ‘ 5 lbs !! Isn’t that STRANGE ??!! Thank God her heart rate in the hospital was back to normal ( from 80 to 119 )
    They decided not to take her , but to wait and see how much she weighs next week ….Does anybody else have a very small baby ? And how many lbs does a 36 week baby have to weigh in order for it to be too dangerous to stay inside ???

Isla77

Dore
    My doctor was saying that all measurements…especially weight…are best guesses…..sometimes they are a little off and sometimes way off!!!!….I know that 5lbs is often normal at 36 weeks….many babies are born full term (40 weeks) at 5 to 6 lbs and they don’t have SUA…..I would talk to your DR…often new DR’s differ in opionion…I’m going through the same thing right now…..I can’t wait for my DR. to come back after the holidays…good luck and keep us posted….

courtenay

dore, like isla said the measurements, esspecially the weights are not exact they can be off by as much as a pound or two in either direction. i dont know how much a 36 week baby would have to way before it would be unsafe to stay inside, however, my daughter measured on track pretty much the whole time and then at 36 weeks her head was measuring 38 weeks and they estimated her weight at 7.5lbs! she was born at 39 weeks and she was 8lbs 13oz. I also had heartrate problems but hers was much higher than the ‘average’ range which is why they took her early, her heart rate was beating at 180 – 190/min at a NST and at the doctors. i think you should talk to you doctor but small babies are a risk of the SUA and 4 or 5lbs at 36 weeks doesnt seem that small to me at all. esspecially considering they gain on average about 1/2lb/week in the last bit so that still gives the baby time to gain a good pound or two.

dore

Hi Isla and Courteney,

Thank you so much for your input !!!
    By the way; wonderful news ; I heard from kelseewhite and she had a perfectly healthy baby !!

courtenay

aww thats awesome im so glad to hear it!

dore

Had to go to the hospital again yesterday for another non-stress test.( doc was about to induce me ) I am 37 weeks and the doc said baby is in the 10 % of growth. She weighs 5.6 lbs. Her heart rate concerned him (not enough nice ‘peaks’) , but at the hospital it was fine again !!! I know baby sleeps in the afternoon and that’s when my check=ups at the doc were. When I arrive at the hospital it’s her waking up time and her heart rate goes up !!This happened now 2 weeks in a row. Anybody experienced the same ?
    Is 5.6 lbs really so low for 37 weeks ????????

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Hey everyone. I delivered my baby on Dec.22nd she was 37 weeks along. They were concerned with her growth of only 5lbs 6oz but honestly when she came out she was 6lbs 2oz. Well anyway she wasn’t small at all but when she did come out she was having breathing problems so needless to say she is in the NIC unit now with PPHD which is Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension Disorder, basically she came out without her lungs developed. so now she is recuperating and hopefully she will be able to come home soon. She is on oxygen now and doing really good. But a big scare indeed. Other than that the cord didn’t do anything that I have seen.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Oh and also her name is Jourzey Amber-Rain I hope you like it because I love it! sweet baby girl!

courtenay

congratulations jenn! i think that is a beautiful name, as you know our daughters names are similar (Journey Brooklyn Rain) i hope everything works out okay and she gets to come home soon! dore, i still dont think 5.6lbs is small for where you are, some people just have smaller babies, i have known girls who had full term babies weighing 5lbs and combined with the sua i’d say you have a fair sized baby not to mention the fact that they can be off in either direction on the weight it is really just an estimate. my daughter used to be crazy at the NST;s the earlier ones were fine the last few at the end were not so great, but like i said ours was much to high for what they consider normal and then we had ‘atypical’ strips and stuff, which is why i ended up with emergency section but dont worry you are almost done!

Isla77

congratulations…..please keep us updated on your daughters progress…..

Isla77

Hi Ladies
    Just had another U/S…37 weeks…and the tech said she’s approx. 7lbs 3oz…..I see the Dr on Friday…so hopefully all is well…will keep you updated.

dore

Courtenay thank you for your input ! :0)
    Had my U/S today in the morning ! and Eliana’s heart rate was fine !!!! She also gained weight .Now she is approx. 6lbs 5 oz. I knew last 2 times she was just sleeping ! :0)
    pr3gojen; congratulations ! I hope you both can go home soon !

courtenay

isla, good luck! at 36weeks they est. my baby at 7.5lbs and she was almost 9 when she was born at 39 weeks! dore, im glad to hear everythings going well!

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Hi all its been a while since I’ve posted anything on here as I’ve been up to my neck in dirty nappies and xmas, I had my little boy Ryan James Iain on 6th Dec a healthy 8lb 1oz after a long labour and emergency c section. He has had a few problems feeding and gaining weight including a short stay in SCBU but it was nothing to do with the SUA he’s just a lazy boy (typical men) we’re getting weekly weigh ins just to keep a eye on him. Glad to hear there have been a few more healthy deliveries whilst I’ve been away, good luck to those still waiting. Ryan is almost 4 weeks old now and got us wrapped around his little finger I can’t stop watching him sleep and want to hold him all the time. Hope 2009 bring everyone joy and happiness. xx

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.