Spina-Bifida

This topic contains 35 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  MummyPanda 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

m896e

Hi Guys and Gals, I am 39 years old, insulin dependant diabetic, and about 9 and half weeks pregnant from time of conception. I had an ultra sound little over a week ago, they said it started out as a twin pregnancy however one stopped growing 2 weeks prior to the ultrasound, they also said that the surviving twin may have severe spina bifida with next to no chance of survival. Will have another ultrasound in a few weeks to check again. My question is what is the survival rate of someone with severe spina bifida, is it right for me to bring a child into this world with such complications, I always said I would never have an abortion, I have 6 children already ranging from 22 years to 8 years…i cant seem to find enough information on what quality of life a child would have, very confused any information would be greatly appreciated….thank you

Steviehewett

Hi I have a mild form of Spima Bifida and although I have been taking the standard dose of folic acid for 2 years 400ug per day for ttc, now I am pregnant I will be upped to 5mg. I am terrified about passing this condition onto my baby 🙁
    Anyone have any experience of this? X

AdoptMom
    Participant

My husband and I are in the beginning process of adopting an infant that will be born with SB. We are still learning about this and hope to find support here…thanks!

MummyPanda

@ stewiehewit .. i have a mild form of SB wether its the same as yours I don’t know but i have a hole through the bottom of my back through to my spine i get back aches but my spine doesn’t stop me from doing anything. I have two children an they don’t have a hole they just have a dimple on them where my hole is on me .. Don’t worry yourself too much if you are taking folic then that’s all you can do xx

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Spina-Bifida

MummyBigz

I delivered a beautiful baby boy, Oscar on 19-09-08 he was 7lb 15oz by elective caeserean section and he was born with un-detected spina bifida. He is my precious little boy and we love him so much!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.