Stork-Bites

This topic contains 37 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  frenchie23 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

courtenay

my daughter has a couple on the back of her head

FLgrl

my daughter has one on the back of her neck. I also dont consider it a birth defect!!

lin

lol, i did think thats really a birth defect either! My son has one on the back part of his upper thigh, its pretty small, i think its cute! He also has a little round brown birthmark on his butt cheeck!

Liquidxx

my son has one in the shape of a heart smack down in the middle of his forehead lol its awesome

Angie2008
    Participant

my Lo has storkbites on the back of her neck and they are pretty dark red. The dr said they will most likely be permanent. As long as it doesnt cause any type of medical problems, i don’t care. I don’t really see it as a birth defect.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

I still have mine from birth, and my son has identical ones I think they are freakin adorable and I’m happy he has them, sets him apart from all the other babies. 🙂 And its one of the only things he got from mommy, this kid looks so much like his father its ridiculous!!!

Autumn
    Participant

my little girl was born with one of these at the base of her hairline … I think it adds to her uniqueness… 🙂

Angelia
    Participant

My son was born with two. One on the back base of his neck where the hairline ends and one in the middle of the back of his head, as if he had fallen. At first I got questioned a lot as to whether he had fallen, gotten hit, in his carrier too long, or laying on a hard surface all the time. It’s slowly faded, and his hair is growing in so it’s also slowly covering up but there for the longest time I was having to assure people he was perfectly fine, I’d even show them a side profile and say ‘see, no flat spot anywhere on his head, he gets good rotation’.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

my dad, myself and both my daguthers were born with stork bites on the back of the neck, and my oldest daughter an myself have the same ones on our forehead, in the middle going down towards our nose. you could really notice it early on, but mine only comes out when i get too much sun or cry, as does hers. she has the ones on her eyelids too, which i always thought were so cute to call angel kisses. i’m curious to see if my son will be born with the same one on his neck and forehead! i wonder if they are common, or just geneticÉ

DaydaysMom

my daughter has them on the back of her neck. do they ever go away?

TaliyahsMom

My daughter was born with one on the tip of her finger. at 5 months old it started turning darker red, the next day it was the color of dried blood under her skin, like the blood vessels had burst. I took her into the doctor where they cut it off with a scapel because it had turn into a staph infection. its called a ‘hemangioma’ (sp?) she was antibiotics for 2 weeks and had to keep oitment on it with a bandaide. Which is veryyyy hard with a 5 month old that ALWAYS wants her fingers in her mouth!! it was very scary, the Phoenix Childrens Hospital was amazing and we went back 2 months later and they decided there was no need to laser it off. Thank God 🙂

Angelia
    Participant

Both of the stork bites on my son are now almost completely gone, even the one on the base of his neck by this hairline. I had read those often don’t go away, but his is fading more and more every day. He is now 9.5 months old.

Ulandi

i never knew what it was, but i do now. I remember my little girl was born with one on her left upper eyelid, but it has since gone away. she is 19 months now

AshleyLyn
    Participant

My daughter was born with one covering her whole left eyelid, a big one between her eyes, a really dark on on her left nostril, a HUGE one on the base of her neck, and a tiny one on her lower back. they have faded somewhat but she is only 4 weeks. when she gets mad they turn DARK purple lol. I dont even notice them anymore really, i guess im just used to her having them. I dont consider them a birth defect though considering all babies have them during fetal development..i guess some babies just arent special enough to be born with angel kisses like ours are!!!!!!!!! lol. they are DEFINATELY not a defect.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

My sonhad a little pink one on his eye lid. We were really the only ones that notcited and it stayed for so long ( like 6 months) that we just assumed it was there to stay. It was really cute. He is now 20 months and it was completely within the first year.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.