Umbilical-Hernia

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

oskygirl31

My son ended up with a umbilical hernia around 2 months it freaked me out, after the fact that I almost lost him at birth..the doctors were really worried about it, It was huge purple and blue and some black. they said if it did not dissappear by age 1 then he would need surgery, they also told me to keep it pushed in with a cotton ball and like cardboard cause if it ruptured then he would bleed to death in like 8 hours…I was scared for the next 8 months..it did go away finally on its on before he was 1. I had some close incounters of it bursting due to him having colic…that added more pressure to it…And he was not a primee..he was a week early..and almost 8lbs..

janicej123
    Participant

An umbilical hernia usually appears in the belly button area during the first months of a baby’s life. It can increase in size when the baby cries or has a bowel movement, which causes the pressure. This hernia is usually not painful or sensitive to touch. You can see a demonstration here – http://www.shouldice.com/types-of-hernia.aspx

Anonymous

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.