Bedrest

This topic contains 229 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by  i-am-pregnant 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 230 total)
  • Author

RuthGrounded

Great you made it 31 weeks before being put on bed rest. I found the first couple weeks were the hardest. Once I accepted the fact that this was simply something I had to do, it became easier – still stinks but it is temporary. I have been on bedrest for 7 weeks now and am 28 weeks. DD 7/9. Hang in there.

babyetienne

ruthgrounded- Wow!you made it till 28 weeks you are now my inspiration!LOL im on my 1st week on bedrest im becoming so cranky and sensitive but its ok coz when i read that im not the only pregnant women on bedrest i dont feel that bad no more!any advice on being on bedrest?girl 7 weeks!u are awesome!i’ve been having backaches and leg cramps already argh!

Joshswife

I know bedrest is worth it in the end but OMG its so hard.I feel like Im missing everything in my 15 month olds life.They sent my husband home from Afganistan because of it and I missed him so much and cant even really enjoy him finaly being home after 9 months.I was on bedrest with my 15mth old from week 12 til 38 qand this one i got put on at 13 til they said they would induce me at 38 weeks if I make it that far.Its so hard so I feel exactly how you ladies feel and its comforting to know Im not the only one.

RuthGrounded

babyetienne, I’m flattered to be an inspiration! I found many women on this site to be mine for exmaple, joshswife, wow, you are a strong woman. I wish you all the best with this pregnancy. I also hope you are able to enjoy some time with your husband and 15 month old. I can’t imagine being in this situation with a little one. This is my first. Great to hear from you all…keep in touch!

RuthGrounded

Why is it that Saturdays seem harder to me on bedrest? I gues b/c everyone is not working and out and about…ughhh. Sorry, I’m having a brief pitty party…it will pass…in about 12 weeks LOL.

jmarie

Just past the 10 week mark here… the Doc’s said that around 32 weeks they’ll throw in a lil activity so I am hoping! It would be nice to see the outdoors again for other than doc’s apts! lol so that would make a total of 12 weeks in bed if they let me off then. wow! it seemed like a life sentence when they gave it to me, and now i cant believe its been 10 weeks already, and only 10 more weeks of pregnancy left. Good luck to all you ladies on bed rest! its tough, but I think us bed rest ladies are tough too!

RuthGrounded

jmarie – Not much longer for you to go! We are sorta on the same path. I too am hoping to get a little relief around 32 – 34 weeks. What I find interesting is that I have seen a lot of dr’s in the last several months and some are in favor of bedrest while others don’t really believe in it. Anyway, I will stay put for now :). Congrats on your 30 week milestone! I can relate to your excitement.

Hello Ladies! I am 21w 4d pregnant and I gave been on bed rest for 5 weeks now and will have to stay that way until I deliver. My due date is Aug. 26th. I was put on bedrest because of two complications. I have an incompetent cervix which caused me to lose a baby girl two years ago at the gestational age of 20 weeks. I also found out that I have a low-lying placenta in this pregnancy. I had a cerclage put in at 14 weeks, but my doctor is concerned about the low placenta since I have been bleeding for a while and I started cramping 5 weeks ago. She put me on complete bedrest. I can get up to use the washroom and that’s about it. It is very hard since I have a 6 year old daughter whose life I cannot actively participate in right now. I have missed several activities that she has been a part of and I am going to miss more important activities (like her ballet recital) between now and the time this baby (a baby girl we’ve been told) is born. I do have support though, so it makes it a little easier. My wonderful husband and my mother-in-law have been absolutely amazing. My mother-in-law treats me like her own daughter which is wonderful. Even though it is very tough being on bedrest (especially complete bedrest), I know I have a little miracle to look forward to at the end. It is all worth it.

goddess27

well at least some of us will get some activity soon. I am on complete bed rest until I deliver. so ladies when you hit that 32 week mark have some fun for me too even if it’s taking a walk. funny how I miss small things like taking a walk 🙁 sorry I’m just having a little pitty party for my self. I miss the fresh air. I can’t even shop any more. my husband loves that! as we speak he is at Ross now trying to find me maternity shirts since my belly is starting to get big now. he hates shopping with me. says I stay in the store too long

AliL
    Participant

goddess- they will most likely let you off bedrest around 34 weeks but if your docs are really strict they will wait until 36-37 weeks when baby is full term. And if you are anything like the ladies here right now you will make it close to your due date.

RuthGrounded

Thank goodness we have loving family members to help and support us. I know I could not have gotten this far with out them either. I can’t wait until I can have a party or something to thank them all…and actually vacum my own house! Hope you all had a good weekend. It is the start of another week…another blessed week for our babies to keep growing.

Good Morning Ladies, I have a quick question. How are you preparing for the arrival of your baby(ies) while on bedrest? Before I was put on bedrest, I was so excited to prepare for my ‘little bean’ and couldn’t wait to start shopping. Now, I cannot do what I want to do. I have been looking at baby stuff online, but it’s not the same as being able to go into a store and physical look and touch the items. Also, not being able to do the nursery now really bothers me. Once I got past 28 weeks, I was going to start preparing the nursery. Now I am going to have to wait until the baby is born. I could have my family do it for me, but I don’t want to miss out on this important preparation.

RuthGrounded

lilmiracle2009 – I am struggling with the same issue. I agree shopping online is not the same. I’ve been told that 34 – 37 weeks are a ‘safer point’. Perhaps at that point, your dr would be ok with you going to a store for a little while? I am on modified bed rest (depending which dr you ask) and am planning to use my one night a week out to go to Babues r us and use the electronic scooter to get around the store. As far as getting the nursuey ready, that is killing me. I figure that they baby will be in a bassinett when he/she first comes home and hopefully I can do some things then or once I hit 34 weeks and am at a safer point. Let me know if you find any clever ways to prepare!

Hi, I’m new. Been on bedrest since first week of Feb for symphysis pubis dysfunction; employer was trying to force me to go out since they didn’t want to be liable if I fell down. Not sure if I’ll have a job when maternity leave is up, and it was easy to ignore in the first days, but now I’m stressed and depressed, too. No visitors, except one visit from my so-called best friend who really stopped by to use my internet and set up her printer. How do you survive this? DH has been great, but he’s only one man.

MCollinsRN

Unhappy– I can relate. I just came home from the hospital (2nd time in a week) so they could stop my contractions. Everytime I go to the docotr for my regular visits, they ship me there and admit me. My husband does not get it. I drove myself there, drove myself home, cleaned when I got here, then made dinner. I’m sure I will have to clean up. I am glad for you your husband is supportive. Mine acts like I am a whiner. On the other hand, my mom is very supportive and allows me to rest. What my husband does not understand is the more I do the longer I am off and will have to return to the hospital. I think he is resentful due to the financial burden I am bringing to the family—I dunno, it stinks though…

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.