Bedrest

This topic contains 229 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by  i-am-pregnant 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 230 total)
  • Author

petite

Thank you RuthGrounded. I must not complain like that when so many woman are in bedrest so early than 25 weeks.
    I don’t nap either during day but I still wake up often during night… I think it’s just normal by the fact we rest all day long.

MCollinsRN

Since being put on bedrest last week, I have only stayed in bed one day! I feel so guilty, but I am so busy. This is finals week (I am in school for family nurse practitioner) and I cannot blow this whole semester. I snuck out to Target (I did use a motorized cart) and was busted by two labor and delivery nurses who know me and know I am on bedrest! Serves me right, I guess. Tomorrow is a new day–I am staying in bed–ALL day!!!

babyetienne

bedrest!runny nose!cough! argh!how are you mommies?

goddess27

I have been on bedrest since I was 18 weeks due to an incompitent cervix. I am now 32 weeks pregnant and yesturday my dr. gave me some great news. I can now add some activity to my day! so for those of you still on complete bed rest this can be some motivation that you may get activity back. just last week I thought I would be confined to the bed foreve. I’m still on bed rest but atleast now I can get a little activity like going to dinner or shopping for my son which is what I was not able to do before. now I can actually enjoy my pregnancy

nicholasmom

KayandRy- that sounds like me! I fall asleep around 2 or 3 and wake up at like 11-11:30. And if I wake up in the middle of the night, it takes me another hour or so to fall back to sleep. I’ve been on bedrest for about 10 weeks now and still have a long ways to go. I’ll be 24 weeks Friday so I’m happy about that.
    Goddess- I went to 36 weeks on bedrest with my previous son and my doctor never took the handcuffs off. If I can make it to 36 weeks without going into labor this time, maybe he’ll let me loose! 🙂 I would love to go pick out baby things! Good luck to you!

babyetienne

I HAVE A QUESTION, I AM CONSTIPATED LATELY,THEN AWHILE AGO I POOPED SORRY TMI!THEN AFTER THAT I NOTICE A LITTLE PINK BLOOD STAIN IN MY DISCHARGE FROM MY THINGY(TMI),BUT JUST A LITTLE,IS THAT SOMETHING I HAVE TO BE ALRMED WITH??IS IT BECAUSE I WAS SITTING IN THE TOILET FOR TOO LONG?

julybaby09

Hi guys, I am new and will be 30 weeks tomorrow and on modified bedrest due to Preeclampsia. I was on strict bedrest at 24 weeks for only one week but can appreciate the ability to get up here and there all the more now!! Just wanted to say hello!

MCollinsRN

Hey! So went for my NST/AFI today. I failed my NST, had too many contractions still! The doc let me go home after checking me. Still no dialation, my cervix is soft though. He said he was fine with me continuing the Brethine (5mg every 4hours) and resting! Yeah!!!

sondramarie

I’m new here I’m 17 weeks just started bleeding today had cramping for a week I have only brown discharge now and still crampy I have a low lying placenta and I feel like no one is giving me answers

adriana03
    Participant

Anyone on here have a bicornuate uterus ?

MelissaO

I gained 47lbs while on bedrest and had no junk food. I was on bedrest a little over 7months but most of it was water weight. I spent 6wks of it in the hospital and I still gained there is no avoiding it but don’t worry about it its all for a good reason..

joeysmom525

Hi all! I’m new here, one of my girlfriends recommended this site cause i’m on my 3rd week of bedrest as of today 7/23/09. i was admitted to the hospital on 7/9/09 becuase my fFN came back positive and my cervix had shortened to 2.3, after a week on the magnesium i was allowed to come home. but i have to monitor myself 2x’s a day for contractions and i have a terbutaline pump to stop me from contractiong. I hate it, i am allowed to get up for the bathroom and quickie showers and to get a meal but it has to basically be something thats premade, i can’t cook because of the standing up. i have a four year old that i can’t take care of so i’m staying at my grandparents for the help. Anyone have any ideas to overcome this boredom?

lourds

Hi there! Read an inspirational book, or any reading materials that you like. Watch TV, watch funny shows or soap opera shows, etc. Surf the net. Have a daily plan of your activities. Have a little stretching while lying. Listen to music. Count your blessings, hehehe! God bless…

cynthiamarie

Hi ladies, I am 23 weeks been on bedrest since 18 weeks. I have had appointments every week to check cervical length. I thought bedrest was working for us my cervix went from 2.3 to 2.6. Then this week ( tues 4th) My length droped to 1.2 with funneling. I was sced for emergant cercalge the next morning. This whole thing has been so hard as my son is only 10 months old ( which is why they think i am having these problems) My question to you ladies that have been on bed rest did you ever experiance panic attacks? I get really restless then my heart speeds up, i start to feel like i cant breathe and like something bad is going to happen or the feeling if you have done something wrong and your about to get caught. Anyone experiance this?

scabenedict

I was on bedrest in the hospital for 8 weeks… it sucked. i missed my sons 1st b day

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.