Bedrest

This topic contains 229 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by  i-am-pregnant 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 230 total)
  • Author

julz

mrs~believe me the hospital is not fun either I spent a week there, and yes I got served my meals and didn’t have to do anything, but I missed being home, I missed my bed and I just could not get comfortable…being stuck in one room and one room only was so hard. Atleast at home I can spend my day on the couch(once hubby helps me get there) instead of being in my bedroom all the time. BUt your right it is hard to sit at home too sometimes, I have trouble NOT doing anything, like I feel okay, so I feekl the need to clean, I have 4 kiddos at home, luckily my hubby drops them off at daycare and summer care in the morning, but I get so bored being anywhere I guess..I am a busy body put on bed rest!!!

quitawhit727

Well, ladies. I’ve been on bedrest ever since March 23, 2010. I will stay on bedrest until March 2011. I have been hospitalized three times. I don’t do much but everyone expects me to do whatever they want because I don’t work. If I was able to run around, I would be able to work. why don’t they understand that? It makes me sick. Well, thank you all for letting me vent.

gardenrain01

Hi ladies,
    I will be 29 weeks on monday with our firsy boy! I have been on bedrest since the end of June and until September 1st!! I will be 37 weeks then! I have gestational diabets and I have to take insulin for it and poke my finger 4 times a day!! My cervix is shortening, and I have had premature contractions for over a month!! My husband is in training for the Navy, he has been deployed to Kuwait for a year! I am all by myself, well I have my three girls but they are not vey much help!

Beth123

I am on bedrest because of high blood pressure. Tues. it was 140/100, then by Thurs. it came down to 138/88, but since I am only 26 weeks my doctor said to stay in bed and especially avoid walking for any distance. The heat here is terrible, over 100 most everyday, and I think that may be a contributing factor. You guys are right, though, this bedrest thing sucks !!! I’m bored and lonely and my non-pregnant friends don’t seem to understand, they think it is like a vacation….umm, not. Well, I wish you all the best and I hope all of our babies are born past the 37 week mark.

roosa

My heart goes out to all of you on bed rest. I was on bed rest for 12 weeks with my last pregnancy, and no, it is definitely not a vacation! I remember my MIL saying I was living a life of luxury because others were cooking for me. For me it would have been luxury to be able to cook for my family.. It was truly hard. On bed rest you have plenty of time to worry if you are going through complications. You feel useless, lonely, bored and sore. In the end though it is so worth it. Hang in there!!

mama2b2010

HI LADIES JUST NEED TO VENT I AM 22 WEEKS AND HAVE BEEN PLACED ON HOSPITAL BEDREST DUE TO AN IMCOMPETENT CERVIX …I AM SERIOUSLY DEPRESSED I WOULD PROBABLY FEEL A LITTLE BETTER IF I COULD GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS IN MY OWN HOME WHICH THE DOCTOR SAID IS IMPOSSIBLE I WANT THE BEST FOR ME AND MY LITTLE ONE…BUT IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO WEATHER THIS STORM I FEEL LIKE I HAVE SO LONG TO GO…

LittleAl

mama2be-I am on bedrest as well with bathroom privileges only. I feel your pain. I have retro placental bleed, a form of placental abruption and my baby doesn’t seem to be growing sufficently. I am at home now but doctor said if I did not follow orders I would be doing bedrest at hospital. Not sure if it is an easier at home. I have a 7 month old that I can’t even pick up and it kills me to be here with him all day and someone else has to care for him. Also, hubby and family/friends have been doing housework which is frustrating as well, I do appreciate it don’t get me wrong but I hate getting asked 20 times a day where something is or where something goes. I am sure it is cheaper on the purse though to be at home. I have some moments too that I get really down though.

MamaMeMe

Such a great website… forum too! KeepEmCookin.com

Good luck Mamas! I’m only 8.5 weeks have been on bedrest for a week. I go back next week for an ultrasound and re-evaluation. How are you all?

Mononoke

mama2be- I have been on bed rest in the hospital for 14 days now due to incompetent cervix. I, like you, did not want to go. I was on bed rest at home for 2 wks after my cerclage and it did not work. The thing that keeps me going is the fact that I want what is best for my baby, regardless of how I feel. The thing that is keeping me going is having my laptop, plenty of books and other crafts to so. Also, my room has a DVD player, so people have been bringing me movies to watch. I will be honest, there are times when I do get restless and down but I look at my countdown to see how far along I have come. Also, I have had someone with me pretty much all the time so that has helped me from going insane. Stay strong and remember-it’s all for the baby and it will be worth it when you hold him/her. 🙂

KTPregers

Mama~ thanks for the website!! it’s great!

nataliec

Im 32 weeks and this is my second day on bedrest. Doc said for 4 weeks woopi! Any advice other than the info. above?

2011miRacLe
    Participant

hi ladies, i have been on bed rest since 11/28/11 & i am going crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy i tell u, simply crazy.. I am trying ot find a job working from but its so hard…

isisgrl13

hi 2011m. i just started bed rest! god bless you i have 6 more months of this ,,,,it will all be worth it i pray:) hugs how much longer do u have to go?

beegee

2011- try doing those online surveys. My fiance spends all his free time at work doing them and makes an average of $10 a night. I know it isn’t much, but that’s just his website

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Hey everyone im 22 weeks pregnant and this my 5 day of bedrest. I have 14 more weeks to go til the doctor take the sticth out my cervix

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.