General pregnancy

This topic contains 2,042 replies, has 1,062 voices, and was last updated by  CHDmom3 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 2,043 total)
  • Author

ashleykaye
    Participant

Hello ladies hows everyone feeling.Today I go for the 1 hour test I sure hope I pass it.Wish me luck here!!!

JHBmom

cheyne, remember that when timing your pregnancy, they take it from 1st day or your period date which more than likely means that you are at 3-4 weeks gestation from conception. They won’t be able to pick up a heartbeat until at least 6 weeks so please don’t worry, if there is a sack, you are definitely pregnant! I know how you feel though, after a couple of early miscarraiges, I was terrified at your stage of pregnancy and this time I didn’t even go to the Dr until 8 weeks because I wanted to hear the HB as confirmation rather than hcg levels. I am now at 23 weeks!

tiffyy

xylina, that could be normal, lots of pple have it too early before week 8 and end up worrying sick cuz can’t see anything or heartbeat yet. that’s y i rather wait unless you haev any issues or complications then i dun recommend u/s yet

Jazzylen
    Participant

Hey I am new here I just signed up today…..I am 11 weeks pregnant on thursday…and this is my first pregnancy….The way this whole pregnancy has washed over me is very extra-ordinary for me….It is amazing….when I was nine weeks, I heard my baby’s heart beat for the first time, and the joy of that and to see the happiness in my fiancé’s eyes was just so amazing….my next appointment is right before christmas and I will get to see if it is a boy or girl, and depending on what it is we have the perfect names chosen….well anyways I really wanted on here so I could get tips on mother hood, because I am young and I am so scared that I wont be a good mother, or not hold my baby right when it is born, so if there is any tips out there that helped you with your first pregnancy please let me know.

goteampink

hey congrads mya2010 i seen your post the other day in the ttc forum…how exciting 🙂 i spy on the ttc forum since i was trying to fall pregnant end of last year, there is so much great advice that goes through there 🙂 i really hope diane take two gets her little bub soon she is so supportive of everyone and so full of info… 🙂 anyway just wanted to say congrads 🙂 im almost 21 weeks now and its gone so fast…this will be my 3rd. i sadly lost my first little boy at 21 weeks from a placental abruption, then 12 months later i had my beautiful little man who is now 2, , i had a very early m/c ( chemical preg ) in oct 09 then found out i was pregnant with this little one xmas eve!! and about a week ago was told at our ultrasound that its a girl !! one of each.. yay 🙂 so thats my story so far 🙂 oh and as far as feeling sick goes i really found fizzy drinks to help…i know there really not healthy but alot of pregnancy sickness is low blood sugar levels and fizzy drink has heaps of that 🙂 and the bubbles seem to settle you stomach to. just dont drink to much cola in the first 3 months cause its got caffine in it 🙂 ( i wouldnt drink it for 3 months then when i started i became addicted…coke is so bad for you but tastes o good 🙂 hope this helps… 🙂

Bri

Hey ladies, congrats on your pregnancies. I wanted to just hand some information out. Info that isn’t going to be in your classes. Take it for what it’s worth but information that should be given….http://analyticalarmadillo.blogspot.com/2010/08/breastfeeding-sids-guilt-at-what-cost.html

nishta

late 6 days and dont know what to do

Pygmalin

completnme-I was dizzy too..my doc said that my body hadn’t caught up to the increase in blood flow..I also would have serious heart flutters..but it all went away at about three months..but doc said it could be longer. now I have a red blochy face and red palms..lol

Debz81

Hi ashleykaye i havent been feeling to good today :0( iv done the 1st 12 weeks without any sickness then today i have had it really bad..What is the 1 hour test for hun?x

1923angelyrey
    Participant

i am only 10 weeks but i noticed with my first a daughter i did not show till 6 months and was full everywhere round face round everywhere lol and with my son my 2nd i showed at 4 months stayed thin everywhere else and had a cute ball shape tummy…this is my third and i am getting full everywhere again and am showing already like i was 5months! and i feel movement as i did but at 13 weeks with my son my last pregnancy… i notice i have a dry mouth alot and i have a acidy feeling in my tummy ..is thsi normal..u would think i would know lol but i also had spotting at 5 weeks with this one and at 8 weeks and now its good but feel lil pulling cramps on my left side …the babys heart beat was 140 beats then 156 beats i think i am having a girl waht ya’ll think?! lol

loveabelly

1989-1stbabba- it is safer to wait until 12-16 weeks with your first baby, just incase. as at 16 bub is fully developed and pretty much completely funtioning :)……> bixgirl- the kicks sound fine, i have an anterior placenter too and it inhibits what you feel. your babby is probably sitting in an anterior possition as well by the sounds of it.

Bri

beaniebaby1 – Sounds like you need an outlet. This may be exercise, meditation, a manicure, something! Yes, our hormones are through the roof right now but you need to know how to control them. Yes, sobbing from a laundry detergent commercial is ok but tearing apart your husband and children is another. I found that every day I need to do something productive. Something makes me feel good. We bought our house last March and got pregnant that next month so I’ve spent a lot of time cleaning out closets and putting things into ‘homes’. Got rid of a bunch of old clothes that I won’t ever wear again. Why I hadn’t gotten rid of them before I got pregnant for the first time was beyond me. A Playboy tee is not something I should be wearing now that I have one son and another on the way. HAHA! Yoga is very good for my soul as well. It helps stretch me and it’s easy on my joints and muscles. A nice long soak in the tub. You get what I’m saying. Let me also say that I experienced maternal depression for a couple of weeks. While looking it up I found that while it’s not talked about much it is more common the PPD. About 9% have PPD while over 13% experience maternal depression. There is also a study that shows a correlation to being depressed for over six weeks while pregnant and Baby not being able to put on weight in the first several weeks after birth. If you think you are depressed please find a way to fix the problem. This may mean doing what I suggested or even talking to your doctor about getting help. There are pregnancy safe drugs that can help control mood swings. Good Luck! And, welcome to this site. I’ve been a member since I was pregnant with my first son and find it helps me get through some days.

goteampink

oh and if anyone is dealing with cholestasis i would love to hear your experiance… im only 20 weeks and my bile salts are right on the upper limit of normal so its a bit of a waiting game. iv been re tested today but will take a week to get the results. im only a little itchy on my palms and soles of feet, my wee is kind of dark ( sorry tmi ) apart from that i fell ok. just dont know if my levels will continue to rise or what to expect… docs thought i was getting it with my little boy, i was right on the upper limit again, but that was at 34 weeks and by the time they re tested me i had delivered him at 36 1/2 weeks anyway, so dont really know waht to expect…any advise would be great 🙂

colleen123

i didnt feel my baby move until i was 18 weeks, same with my first pregnancy, im now 40 weeks + 2 days, no signs of him coming along so fed up hope i wont be to much longer!! congrats to all expectant mummyssss xxx

luciasmom

Hi. I am not pg…..yet. I was just wondering if anyone has gotten pg using clomid. If so, on what cycle and what did you do to up your odds??

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 2,043 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.