General pregnancy

This topic contains 2,042 replies, has 1,062 voices, and was last updated by  CHDmom3 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 2,043 total)
  • Author

SunshineA

melissao- I have had bells palsy with my first two pregnancys more in the middle than at the end. It hasnt been that big of a deal just a pain to deal with cause its hard to eat and drink and you look kinda weird when you try to talk or smile but it finally went away I dont think it ever lasted more than a few weeks but no fun

DayshasMom

It could….but Ive heard of women walking around at 6cm dilated and not having the baby for a few weeks…I wouldn’t worry to much…just watch for the contractions or if your water breaks. Congrats on your pending birth!!

anniepregnant
    Participant

I am almost in my 7th week. The first u/s allowed me to hear and see my baby´s heartbeat for the very first time. How emotional!
    But this is my third pregnancy and I miscarriaged exactly between now and the 9th week. So I am terrifies. Though I try to stay cool, I am panicking all the time and I even think all the symptons I had are disappearing. I am so afraid my baby has died!! How can I cope with all these fears? I do not want to harm my baby, but the thought of losing another little one is driving me nuts. I´m a single Mum… Is anybody else in this same situation or similar? I need some help, or comfort or advice. Please. Thanks in advance!!!!

dottie26

i am 38 weeks now and this past friday i had my dr.s appt. when he checked me i was told that i was 1cm and 50% effaced…hurray for progress even if it is small but it is good to know it’s moving along quite well. i wonder if i have dialated anymore since then because i have been having some very painful BH’s and my next appt. isn’t until the 18th because my dr is booked and i can’t get my every week appts. like i’m supposed to have. hopefully the baby come before my appt.

Just thought I’d introduce myself. I’m a 35 yr old mother of 7 children (4 girls and 3 boys) and currently 26 weeks pregnant with a little boy. I hope to connect with other moms here on the site 🙂

Bri

L2782 – I would call your doctor back and tell them what is going on. Tell them if they won’t do a pregnancy test then you need to be checked out for something else that is wrong. I would also stopped the pills. I did get pregnant the first time on a pill that I had been on for 10 years. I don’t trust pills anymore. I took it faithfully. As for a positive test I didn’t get one until 4 days past my period date AND I know women that have never gotten one and had children.

Ammo72
    Participant

Hello ladies. I really hope my message doesn’t offend anyone. I just feel really scared and lost at the moment. I am 23 and this is my first pregnancy. I am 6 weeks and 5 days, and since I found out about the pregnancy I’ve been having the hardest time. I am unmarried, but plan on getting married soon. I just graduated college, but have no job and still live at home. The babies father has a job, but it pays very little and he lives at home as well. My parents are very conservative, and since I told them I was pregnant I feel like I am breaking up my parents 30 year marriage, and stressed out all the time and crying, and I just can’t feel happy about being pregnant right now. Now I have to move out, find a home, get a job, and get married. I am freaking out because all my life my parents have taken care of me and now I have to take care of my self and now a baby. I don’t believe in abortion, but sometime and I know it sounds horrible I hope all this will just go away. I am looking forward to maturing, but I know how important it is to be happy during your pregnancy so the baby will be healthy. I am afraid I won’t be able to love my baby they way he/she deserves. I’m so scared…..any advice anyone?

MetalMommy82

Hey everyone, I’m new to the site 🙂 I’m 30 years old and 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Extremely nervous that something is going to happen in there.. guess I should quit reading horror stories on the internet. I am quite overweight and I think that is the cause of some of my worry. I’ve heard the heartbeat 3 times so far, 174, 165, 150, no cramping, no bleeding. just wondering if anyone knows the likelyhood of something happening at 18 weeks.

samsmom06

Hello ladies! How is everyone doing today? I just found out today that one of my friends is 6 months pg!!! Im only 5 weeks but this one is going much better than the previous one.

JuniorEllis

i just had a question for anyone who could help ok i had sex with a guy in late november and then had sex with another guy on december 10th i did not have a period in between these two dates i started my last period the day after my last sexual partner which i started on december 11th so i was just trying to get a idea of who the father may be

MommyPenguin

Hi everyone! Ive been on here, not as a member, but just checkin the progress of my lil peanut since about 9 wks pg. I am gonna be 18 wks tomorrow and now am a Member of this forum. I have yet to take any photos of my baby bump, mainly due to embarassing stretch marks (mine are clear ones but ever so evident 🙁 …) so, I just wanted to pop up on the radar here and say HI and congrats to all the soon-to-be mommies! My Due Date so far is 3-19-2010….. not sure what we are having yet, but will soon be finding out, recently had to swtich OB’s… LONG STORY….. but wanted to stop in and say Hi!! 🙂

babyblue1

dottie26–anything is possible around the 38 week mark. Some people stay at the same level of ‘progress’ for weeks. For me, i was 1 cm 90-100%effaced for 3 weeks with pains here and there. I’m not sure where you are, but where I am i was only checked at 37 weeks and 41 weeks and not every appointment —just because they don’t want to introduce infection by an internal. So you may not find out at your appointments anyway. BUT, call the dr. between appointments if you have ANY concerns!! Don’t let them make you feel you are inconveniencing them! Good luck. Lots of labour dust!

ShanMac

I hope someone can help. I just came back from my first u/s this morning, I’m so upset. According to my LMP, today I should have been 9 weeks 5 days pregnant. At my u/s, the tech only saw a normal yolk sac and said I was 6 weeks, 5 days. I’m really concerned that the baby isn’t developing normally. I have a normal 28 day cycle, I eat well and exercise regularly. I’ve had minimal pregnancy symptoms. Mostly extreme tiredness, sore boobs, moody and some nausea. But the symptoms aren’t as bad as they were 2 weeks ago. I’m so worried that something is wrong. I have to go for another u/s in 10 days. That seems so far away. I hope someone has some good perspective on this.

L2782

Thanks for the help ladies. Yes, if I am pregnant I would be either 8 weeks or 4…not sure. I did call my doctor and tell them all of the symptoms and everything that is going on and they said to retest on Monday and then call back. They are horrible….I won’t be using them if I really am pregnant, but I just called because I didn’t have time to find a new one. I’ll check it out…thanks again!!

ohbabyagain

@ ammo72, surely your situation sounds tough. Hormones can do a lot to a woman emotionally. I have read many women talk about lacking excitement. Give yourself about 12-15 more weeks and you will definately have a different round of emotions when you begin feeling movement. You’ll be amazed at how things just fall into place. Your parents may have a hard time now, but no unconditionally loving parents will sit back and watch their children struggle and judt do nothing. Give yourself time, you’ll end up just fine. Best wishes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 2,043 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.