Hair care

This topic contains 16 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sazzy Sazzy 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alison33
    Alison33
    Participant

Hey preggersmissy, I have my hair highlighted all the time, it is safe during pregnancy.

Profile photo of Vikki
    Vikki

OK so I’ve seen alot of ladies complaining about dry hair. TIP : DON’T WASH OUT THE CONDITIONER!!!!! It makes a difference. I never was it out. Comb it through so it is even while in the shower and then leave it. Those of you with curls will softer curls and the straight hair girls will have less frizz. Also if you are going to use oil’s first heavily moisturise your hair and THEN had the oil so the oil traps it in. Put your hair in plats if you can. When platting your hair, don’t leave the ends dangling at the end of the tie. Wrap the end of your hair AROUND the end of your plat and THEN put the tie in. This will help the ends of your hair to not dry out. Also Stop using driers and straightners, they are DEATH TO HAIR. To give a perspective on why I know this stuff works is that I have always done this. My hair is passed the back of my knees and I am expecting number 7 child. Once you get the hang of this it won’t take up much time. You CAN have good hair and children too! 🙂

Profile photo of Trisha909
    Trisha909

I totally sympathise with you ladies and dry hair. Im now finding that i get zero grease after leaving it without washing for 5 days!, I sleep in olive oil hair moisturiser to get a bit of lank greasiness going lol. but then i have to keep my hair up and look like a slap head 🙁

I know it may not be safe to color your hair, but is it safe to highlight your hair during pregnancy? Have any of you done it?

Profile photo of HaTa
    HaTa

Visit http://nkenney.avonrepresentative.com for beauty products.

Profile photo of neuilly
    neuilly

Hello ladies ! I am wondering if any of you AFTER having had your baby, lost your natural curl ? I am black and white mixed and had beautiful naturally curly hair up until about two or three years ago. I stopped the pill and it started to thicken again, then got pregnant and now, even eight months after her birth, I still have dry, frizzy, wavy-at-best hair. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a good site discussing hair issues ?

Profile photo of jessipoo
    jessipoo

my hair is falling out! im 19 weeks pregnant! and it falls out when i brush it or run my hands through it.its really thick just seems to run out.

Profile photo of Jenakatessa
    Jenakatessa
    Participant

not to brag or anything, but my hair is softer, shiner, and easier to manage more than ever before…BUTTTTT….i do notice my ends splitting wayyy faster and more, and its harder to straighten..

Profile photo of LittleMurph
    LittleMurph

I’m 6 weeks pregnant and losing my hair!! Help! Anybody also experience this??

Profile photo of ourbabybean
    ourbabybean

hiya, im 8and half weeks pregnant, my hair gets greasy everyday and seems to be falling out ….is this normal???

Profile photo of beccie
    beccie

im 9 week pregnant and just had my blond highlights done and everything is fine!! i also suffered from really greasy hair so have cut down on my greasy food like crisps and cheese and that seems to have helped.

Profile photo of beccie
    beccie

im 9 week pregnant and just had my blond highlights done and everything is fine!! i also suffered from really greasy hair so have cut down on my greasy food like crisps and cheese and that seems to have helped.

Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Is it safe to get a perm or have your hair colored during pregnancy?

Profile photo of beccie
    beccie

Profile photo of kelley82879
    kelley82879

my hair is usually oily if i dont wash it every day past several days i have noticed that i am getting dandruff i am only 8 weeks pregnant i usually blow dry my hair so i am going to stop doing that to see if it helps any

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.