Massage therapy during pregnancy?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  g4408380 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wendykevin21
    Participant

Hey!! I’m so happy to announce that I’m 5 months pregnant. My OB/GYN said it’s a baby girl and we are eagerly waiting for the day.
    I’ve been working in an IT firm and I’m about to take off from the work. Because of the work pressure, I’m suffering from stress and anxiety. Also, I have severe back and joint pain. Is this common during pregnancy?
    One of my friends suggested undergoing massage therapy as it helps to reduce stress, anxiety, back pain, and joint pain. While researching online, I found that almost all pregnant women’s are considering massage therapy during pregnancy to minimize the risk of delivery. So I’ve scheduled an appointment with a therapist from a massage therapy service centre in Toronto. The only thing that I’m confused is when exactly can one undergo this therapy. Is it safe to undergo during the second trimester? Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!!

priyaangel2587
    Participant

Hello dear, congratulations on your pregnancy and it is one of the most beautiful and amazing moments of your life. Pregnancy is very precious moment for any lady and it is also one of the hard times in your life. It is very important to face this period of pregnancy in a better way for the good health of your baby. When it comes to facing this period of pregnancy, it is very common to have mental stress and body pain. Your body will go through many physical and hormonal changes during pregnancy and because of these changes, back pain and joint pain are very common in most of cases. If you want to get help in this period, it is very important to get rid of anxiety and stress problem. You should think about beautiful and positive things in your life and you should be positive towards your lifestyle. It is very important to make some changes in your lifestyle. If you want to get help with pain problem in your body, you should add some healthy nutrition and relaxing exercises and yoga in your daily life routine. To get rid of stress and anxiety, meditation can be really helpful for you. It is also a good option to go through massage therapy. If you want to join any professional massage centre for this therapy, it is important to consult with your health expert in this stage of pregnancy. Your health expert will give you perfect advice according to your physical and mental condition. I also faced this issue of stress and body pain during my pregnancy and I got help with meditation and yoga. I hope it will work for you also and you will be able to face this period of your pregnancy comfortably.

sonamgupta2107
    Participant

Hi dear. Yes, you are right message while pregnancy will surely relax you and also helps to get rid of some other problems. I came to know about these things when I consulted one of the best centers in Ukraine Lotus center, which helps regarding any problem on pregnancy. Massage therapy performed during pregnancy can reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, and improve labor outcomes and newborn health. Massage therapy addresses different needs through varying techniques, one of which is called Swedish Massage. It aims to relax muscle tension and improve lymphatic and blood circulation through mild pressure applied to the muscle groups of the body. Swedish Massage is the recommended massage method during pregnancy because it addresses many common discomforts associated with the skeletal and circulatory changes brought on by hormone shifts. These changes in hormone levels also led to fewer complications during birth and fewer instances of newborn complications, such as low birth weight. The evidence strongly suggests there are maternal and newborn health benefits when therapeutic massage is incorporated into regular prenatal care. Edema, or swelling of the joints during pregnancy, is often caused by reduced circulation and increased pressure on the major blood vessels by the heavy uterus. Massage helps to stimulate soft tissues to reduce the collection of fluids in swollen joints. This also improves the removal of tissue waste carried by the body’s lymph system. Sciatic nerve pain is experienced by many women in late pregnancy as the uterus rests on muscles of the pelvic floor and lower back. The pressure of the uterus spreads tension to the muscles of the upper and lower leg, causing them to swell and put pressure on nearby nerves. Massage therapy addresses the inflamed nerves by helping to release the tension on nearby muscles. Many women have experienced a significant reduction in sciatic nerve pain during pregnancy through massage. I hope it helps.

Dipsita
    Participant

Hello dear. First of all I would like to congratulate for your pregnancy. And talking about massage it would be the best solution to remove stress and it can be taken anytime.I suggest you not to take stress and always be positive.

g4408380
    Participant

I got one when I was about 10 weeks, it was lovely. She had me side-lying the entire time, rather than on my tummy, but it was beautiful. Never heard of avoiding the feet though – she definitely didn’t for me. You can consult with your gynecologist or BioTexCom clinic in Ukraine if you need to be sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.