Prenatal visits

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  babyluv843 3 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

What can I expect during prenatal visits?

JeniWalker

I was wondering if any of you had a pap smear at your first appointment that came back with abnormal cells? My Dr said that my pap smear came back showing that i had mild cervical dysplasia and need to have a folow up Colposcopy. I actually had the same thing done in April for the same reason and they usually take a biopsy of the cervix and this causes cramping and spotting. Im quite concerned because I dont want to end up having this cause me to have a miscarriage. This is also the same Dr which recommended i get a flu shot at my 8 weeks appt, which i later find out shouldnt be done in the first trimester. please leave a message on my profile!

magnicity

I went to my doctor at 19 weeks. I’m not 25 weeks and have not been called for an appt. I was worried because I heard normally doctors see you every 4 weeks. I called the doctors office and they told me they do not need to see me any more unless the OBGYN thinks its necessary. Considering I was never checked for BP, diabetes, weight gain since nov. Or urinary tract infections, what do they consider not being or being necessary? I am really scared that they won’t see me anymore durng my pregnancy…

KayandRysMoM

magnicity-I find that very odd. My dr saw me every 4 weeks from 8-32 weeks…then every 2 weeks from 32-36 weeks and then every week from 36 until i delivered. It is very important to have your BP and urine checked often as it can show upcoming problems. I would def switch drs!!

KayandRysMoM

Also gestaional dibetes is a serious thing…you are supposed to have a test done at 28ish weeks for that…so def get a new dr before that!!

magnicity

OK! I wanted the follow up with what has been happening. First and foremost, thank you for replying. I recieved a letter last Friday from my DR saying they want to see me. So I scheduled an apt. and went in Yesterday (3-20-09). I was weighed and they checked BP, baby’s heartbeat, measured me and gave me the GD test and urine check. So far all is good 🙂 I am now starting to go more regularly. 🙂 So I am excited and scared at the same time .

DeklansMommy

Just remember, choosing a provider that’s right for you is the first step to getting not only the birth experience that you want, but also avoiding interventions that you might not want! Here’s a blog that I found that has some really good tips on choosing a Dr./midwife: http://yourbirthright.info/

pregnant2malik
    Participant

Please help — I am 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant and I have yet to have my first OB appointment. I have been working at a new job since before we found out we were pregnant, but have yet to get an insurance card in hand. It’s taking a very long time. I’m getting concerned and want to make sure the baby is alright and developing normally. Where can I go where I don’t have to have an insurance card in hand to get checked?

babyluv843

I went to my 27 week appt yesterday.history: I had been having braxton hicks for awhile, and two weeks ago I went to the er because I had food poisoning which brought on dyhydration from throwing up,which brought on contractions that were a little too close together for comfort. they hooked me up and said i was haiving them 4 mins apart and did the fibro test to see if I was going into labor anytime soon, it was neg, and I was completly closed, they hydrated me, contractions went away, sent me home. Ok that was two weeks ago. so at my appt she checks me and tells me Im 1 cm(at 27 weeks?!) and soft (effacing?!)…instead of giving me meds, she lets me go cause on the 15 minute stress test she gave me I didnt have a contraction, the only prevenative measure she gave me was to watch the severity and timing when I do have them, and call immediatly if they hurt/are close….and instead of continuing my appts on a monthy basis she is seeing me back in a week. she said the fact that ive been closed this whole time and now im starting to dialate is cause for worry..if its cause for worry then why not put me on meds or SOMETHING?! you know? wtf! no bedrest or nothing! if I come back to her next week 3 cm then thats it isnt it?! I didnt diallate till 36 wks w my son….sorry so long ya’ll! feel free to sent me a msg on my page! thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.