Stillbirth

This topic contains 43 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

What causes a stillbirth to occur?

wedwardPINK

Today is my little boy’s birthday and the day he died. He would be two today. Although he was not technically stillborn because his heartbeat for about an hour, he never took a breath. I know what you ladies are going through and it is absolutely the hardest thing you will ever do. But know that it does really get better with time and that you will see them again someday. I now have a beautiful son for him as a brother. What helped me was surrounding myself with the people who love me and made me feel safe and talking about it to anyone that wanted to hear. It also kept his memory alive.

cdevlin

I gave birth at 23 weeks on september 12, 2008 to a beautiful sleeping little girl. They never determined what was the cause. All tests were normal as well has the chromosomes. I am pregnant again and pray every night that things are going well. I go to the doctor tomorrow and can’t wait. I am about 9 weeks, so it happened fast after we lost the last one which was are first. So glad that the doctor will be watching me a lot closer this time.

I gave birth to a full-term, fully healthy sleeping baby boy on January 4th 2009. The recovery is slow and painful but it is happening. If anyone needs a friend please don’t hesitate to check out my page. Also, the TTC after loss page is filled to the brim with amazing, strong women who have also suffered losses. If you are here b/c you lost a baby please know that I am so, so sorry for your pain and loss

roosa

mommyofangels, I am so, so sorry for your losses. Anyone who has experienced a loss (or several) will be more or less terrified of trying again. We know that so many things can go wrong.. I think it is important to remember that so many pregnancies are successful though, particularly with medical help. Personally I had to get to a stage where I gave all my fears over to God. I do my best to think positive and distract myself with things I enjoy. Again, I am so sorry for your losses and for the situation you are now in. Please know I am here for you if you need someone to talk to. xox Karin

MelissaO

Happy Mothers day Angel Mommies
    A Mother’s Day Wish From Heaven

Dear Mr. Hallmark,

I am writing to you from heaven,
    and though it must appear
    A rather strange idea,
    I see everything from here.

I just popped in to visit,
    your stores to find a card
    A card of love for my mother,
    as this day for her is hard.

There must be some mistake I thought,
    every card you could imagine
    Except I could not find a card,
    from a child who lives in heaven.

She is still a mother too,
    no matter where I reside.
    I had to leave, she understands,
    but oh the tears she’s cried.

I thought that if I wrote you,
    that you would come to know
    That though I live in heaven now,
    I still love my mother so.

She talks with me, and dreams with me;
    we still share laughter too,
    Memories our way of speaking now,
    would you see what you could do?

My mother carries me in her heart,
    her tears she hides from sight.
    She writes poems to honor me,
    sometimes far into the night

She plants flowers in my garden,
    there my living memory dwells
    She writes to other grieving parents,
    trying to ease their pain as well.

So you see Mr. Hallmark,
    though I no longer live on earth
    I must find a way,
    to remind her of her wondrous worth

She needs to be honored,
    and remembered too
    Just as the children of earth will do.

Thank you Mr. Hallmark,
    I know you’ll do your best
    I have done all I can do;
    to you I’ll leave the rest.

Find a way to tell her,
    how much she means to me
    Until I can do it for myself,
    when she joins me in eternity.

~JODY SEILHEIMER
    Heartfelt Words by Jody
    In Memory of Her Son, Cory

Cheyne

I lost a baby at 34 weeks. I had a bad feeling one evening and woke up the next morning with a feeling of loss and finality. I didn’t feel the baby move all day and so I went into the hospital. I was told the baby had no heartbeat. They admitted me and started to induce me. They had no success inducing me, but could not give me a cesarean as my blood had stooped clotting (a reaction to the baby dying inside me somehow). They were concerned I may not be able to have any more children if they didn’t handle the situation right – though I can’t remember why. A week later they broke my waters as a last ditch attempt to make me give birth. By this time the baby had been dead inside me for a week and they were worried about infection setting in. I gave birth a few hours later. I had been on an epidural all week, so I felt nothing. The baby was ‘macerated’ and deep purple. She was just under 5 pounds and seemed perfect in every way, as did the placenta. They did a post mortem but could not discover the cause. She was buried and had a small funeral a week later. I was seventeen at the time and this happened 13 years ago. I now have a healthy son who is twelve. I still feel, strangely, as though she has not been born, and is inside me. I think it is because I struggle to understand and grasp the nature and cause of my loss. I do not know what went wrong. The night she died I used a hot water bottle, ate a lot, and was very stressed. I had a very traumatic pregnancy as I was in an abusive relationship at the time. The day before she died I had an antenatal appointment and the midwife felt my tummy and prodded it quite a bit – causing it to be very painful. The Doctor said the still birth may have resulted from something genetic or had something to do with the placenta or umbilical cord. They found a blood clot on her heart, but said it may have formed after death. It is hard when you lose a baby you feel you never really knew.

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to share this!
    Photobucket

I just lost my son last Sunday. What was supposted to be 3-24 hours of induction took over 66 hours. He died because cord twisted about 5 times by his belly button. I totally miss my baby and feel totally empty. I feel bad seeing my friends and people who are pregnant. I hope this feeling goes away or I will lose it. It took us a long time to get pregnant and our world has fallen apart. Luckily I have 2 little boys who keep me going. It has been a hard week!

Manda22

Happy Birthday WEDWARD baby boy!! I know he would be proud of hismama while he is watching over you and loves you very much! ~HUGS~ on this difficult day!

jen122409

Christmas Eve 2009 my daughter Holly was born sleeping at 38 weeks. Its been a hard year, but I am now 34 weeks pregnant with my son. I’m excited, sort of. I can’t shake the feeling that he won’t make it either, I’m just not really sure how I should act. The closer I get to 38 weeks, the more depressed I become.

I ran across an amazing sounding website.
    http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/home/
    They will come to the hospital and take pictures,professional,free of charge to parents of a child that is lost or will soon be lost after birth.

aeli
    Participant

I was 28 weeks.. We have a doctor appoitment in 3 weeks for some test on me. And to find out the other test that was done for my son . I felt less movement one day and called my doctor went in and my life was shattered. He was my first baby. I was perfectly healthy threw my pregnancy and still am. It sucks not knowing why or how but i just hope our doctor has some answers for us. its been almost 2 months and i cry everyday wishing he was here. the worst part is i work in a hair salon and my clients till this day still ask me You had your baby??? I would love to know your story? take care . aeli,

Avy
    Participant

was he your first baby, my avy was my first I really dont understand and cant even begin to explain the shock this has had on me. so im would like to ask some questions if you dont mind and feel free to ask back….. how far were you? any answers? my prayers are with all of you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.