Twins

This topic contains 139 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by  tummymummy 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • Author

vinessalynn

I’m nursing my 4 mo twin girls and also pump and give them bottles. My girls are still very tiny so I’ve had to feed them bottles after nursing during the day. I can definitely say these first few months have been the hardest months of my life. My husband is deployed and it’s been me and my five kids under 10. The oldest helps out alot, but I’ve had a rough time. I’m sure my life would be alot easier if I gave them formula, but I’ve never given formula to any of my kids. For now I operate my own dairy farm for my beautiful twin girls.

Emmie26

I am 22 weeks pregnant with twins and am going to nurse them. Any advice or suggestions would be great i nursed my daughter for a year and two weeks, so i know all about nursing one but i know two is going to be a lot different but i am up for the challenge.

ABCsMommy
    Participant

My girls will be 6 months old on the 14th. They have been exclusively breastfed with the occasional bottle while out up until a couple of weeks ago. I now give them 1 bottle a day and am just starting to give them 2 bottles of formula as I would like to wean them between 6 and 7 months. I am weaning them as I would like to get my body back etc but to be honest, I can’t imagine the last 6 months any other way. Breastfeeding (other than while out) is sooooo much easier. They are fed at the same time and after the first couple of weeks only took 12- 15 minutes to feed and since they were 3- 4 months old only take 6-8 minutes per feed. It is so fast and easy. I am dreading the bottles, mixing the formula, cleaning, added expense of formula for 2 so please, if you want advice or support message me. I am all for breastfeeding twins!!! Go Mamas!!!

mandarae

I agree with abcsmommy – BF twins is the only way to go! My girls were born almost 2 months early, so I experienced the pumping, making and washing bottles. I don’t think I would have kept as much of my sanity as I have so far if I wasn’t nursing. I couldn’t imagine all the extra work – I mean, really, we’ve got twins~ Who’s got time for extra work! (My girls are now 4 months old and can drain a boob in about 5-7 mins – NO time at all!)

Emmie26

Thank you ladies for posting i check this page like crazy and there is never anything on it. I am now 26 weeks and feeling a lot more confident about nursing my babies

vinessalynn

I’m still breastfeeding my girls who are now 8 months old!!!! I can say that I have received ZERO support. Everyone, including my husband and former La Leche League leader mom tried to get me to quit and even last night my husband took them and gave them a bottle and had a talk with me about quitting. But the girls are just happy nursing. They are of course eating baby food now and my husband gives them a bottle every once and a while, but they still love their boobies. It’s definitely been the hardest thing I’ve ever done because they were 6 weeks early, 4 lbs 1 oz and 4 lbs 2 ozs, and were in the NICU where I was NOT allowed to breastfeed them. I love looking at my little angels doing what God intended. It’s truly the most wonderful experience in the world.

mandarae

Hello all – I have a question for you… I am EBF the girls, they are now 5 months old… to any mom’s who have been here before, when did you get AF back?

(vinessalynn: my twins were born almost 2 months early, Sept 25 and didn’t even begin to TRY nursing until Nov 10th -their due date. They were 4 lbs and 4lbs 6 ozs – crazy similarities! KUDOS to you, I know personally how hard that is, but my hubby has been supportive and I am thankful for that)

Redheadmama

my sister-in-law is scheduled to have B/G twins in just over two weeks. she really wants to BF both of them but is clueless — I am going to refer her here. if anyone has specific tips for my s-i-l, please comment on my page. these are her ‘first’ and she is excited but nervous! (obviously, haha)

I breastfed both my other children but am terrified of nursing twins…I will definately give it my best hot because I have seen the benefits in my sons….

mandamay

Hi ladies. I have just stopped BF after almost 10 months. Many reasons really, more a combination of all rather than just one thing… I’d quite like to have my boobs back although I loved being able to BF…. the little rascals are pulling each others hair, scratcing each other by accident and really not fitting too well on the BF pillow now when I feed them together…. it will be easier for me to give them a bottle now rather than BF, top up with bottle of formula, and then give solids (takes rather a long time!)….. AND… it will mean that I can have the option of sleeping in once in a while now that I can get Dad up to give a bottle. So as you can see, quite a list. I didn’t have quite enough milk for both babies so was on pills to increase my milk, and also topping up with formula each feed. I feel quite good about the start that they have had. You can only do your best whatever you decide to do… so don’t beat yourselves up whether you BF till they are 3 or give them the bottle from the start. Having twins can be exhausting and you need to look after yourself whichever way that means.

this is funny all i see is 90 days ago comments we are busy moms huh. Well I’m nursing and bottle feeding mom. i nurse because I know the importants of it and I bottle feed because my husband works I have a 3 yr old so I cant find peacful nursing times and I have no help with my home I get sooooo tired that I dont even have the energy to feed my 3 yr old properly let alone myself. it’s usually a bowl of cereal, rice and eggs or some kind of snack bar. I’m just sooooooooo tired. But I do drink alot of mother’s milk tea. My twin boys are now 2 month and actually breastfeeding more and I am getting alittle more help from their dad since he’s afraid I’ll stop breastfeeding . Ladies if you have twins and you want to breastfeed which is really the right thing to do If you have friends and family that want to help let them HELP YOU like in cooking or cleaning it’s soooo necesery allow yourself to be pampered while trying to get to know your little ones because breastfeeding takes alot of practice , energy and time. I started only breastfeeding them for the first 2weeks then I became very depressed tired anemic you name it . I dont have anyone helping me because I’m new in town no friends or neighbours established yet and my family live 6 hours away. So I try my best with my twins and my 3 yr old . I can only say WOW thank god I’m not an OCTO MOM

mandarae

My babies are now 8 months old. We are still nursing as they totally REFUSE to take a bottle. It is getting hard because I am constantly trying to hold down 4 little hands that want to grab each others face or pull the boob out of sister’s mouth. Not sure how much longer I will be able to nurse them at the same time ;o( That makes me sad because it is such a time saver…

Emmie26

I am nursing my 8 week old twin girls and am so glad everything is going good it gets hard at times because i have a two year old and don’t have much help my hubby works seconds but when thinks get hard i remind myself its worth it.

Emmie26

Still nursing my 9 week old twins yea me

Heather12

Breastfeeding 1 is hard enough. You guys are awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.