Advanced age and pregnancy

This topic contains 5,212 replies, has 379 voices, and was last updated by  Placidway 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 5,213 total)
  • Author

weber3
    Participant

@fizzy wow you are sure moving right along!! Yeah it’s normal. I’ve been doing the same thing for awhile. My emotions have been so all over. So often I feel depressed.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Wow!! Days fly by and it’s been over 100 days since I’ve been here. Lots to catch up on. Have been reading and trying to get to know some new members. My little man is now 8 months old and I am 44 years. My husband is totally on board for conceiving another one together. The only problem is I haven’t given up breastfeeding and it is interfering with my cycle. I had a weird one. I was using OPK’s and wasn’t showing any signs of surge. Then, one day when I had finally given up I noticed some extra mucous (sorry for tmi) I decided to use one of my tests and it showed that I was surging. So….we made love both later that night and the following night. That is how I conceived our little man. Was thrilled to be in the 2ww! Then, BOOM! AF came in with a vengeance five days later. WTH????? I surged and then started my period? Is this normal? Do I have to give up breastfeeding entirely? I think my hormones are all over the place! I still nurse my little man when he wants, but supplement each day with bottles because I work. Anyways, when I am home he gropes and whines that he wants the breast. I feel obligated to let him nurse…he’s my little man! I am absolutely rambling….but have so much catching up to do. To sum it up..actively pursuing pregnancy at 44 with my 8 month old son snuggled in tow! Wish me luck as I try to conceive #8….(#2 with my current husband)

7thbaby
    Participant

Especially big hugs to Aloha and Mom2four! Praying for both of you in your time of need.

alohamom3
    Participant

Mistyvt Hau’oli La Hanau (Happy Birthday)

alohamom3
    Participant

Azsmika you are welcome to visit with us. We like to here how you and baby is doing. I’m sure I will hang here while I’m pregnant too. I feel close to the ladies here. We all hope to join you and mistyvt very soon

7thbaby
    Participant

Wow gals! This is getting deep! Very sad childhoods from us, yet we have gone on to be good people and love our children . There is a lot in my childhood that I am not proud of. I was actually so ashamed of my home situation that it affected me a lot. I am in incest survivor. Without getting too depressed, I will tell you that one was a half-brother who lived in my home, one was my mom’s brother, and one was my dad’s brother. I felt like there was no where to turn to for help. I grew up thinking that all men were abusers and I had so many fears. I clung onto the first real boyfriend and I escaped home by marrying at 18. When he started telling me that he had desires to have me and my sister in bed, I shut down (reminder of joint abuse by uncle). I left to divorce him and started dating a married man who left his wife and we lived together for a couple of years and then got married. He was 26 years my senior, had already had 4 kids with his 1st wife (3 surviving). He originally said he would give me one baby, but the. Changed his kind and said he was too old. After we were married, I got pregnant anyway by planning on my own. When my oldest was 8 weeks old, that DH had a vasectomy. I regretted being married to him and felt he was selfish and questioned why his desires trumped mine. I contemplated leaving, there were also signs of him not being faithful. (Imagine that!) anyway, I started having sore breasts and was very surprised to find myself pregnant. I felt i’d hit the lottery! I was so happy to have a second child. I convinced that DH not to have vas redone until after a healthy baby was born. Then afterward, we got busy with another restaurant startup, so he never did go to doc. He thought that no af due to fb was birth control and I never told him otherwise. When af resumed around 2nd son’s age 8-9 months, I kept it secret. We hardly had a sex life, so it was easy. I was able to get pregnant for DD and she is 23 months younger than the second child. We ended up divorcing after I found out that DH had been arrested for sexual assaulting a 16 year old employee. He always did like ’em young. (No surprise again). Then I ended up dating a customer from our restaurant after he ran into me at the local gas station and asked me to go for coffee. He was a depressed man who had a law degree and was licensed in 3 states to practice law, yet he worked a blue collar job for $9 an hour. I looked beyond that and saw the good in him. He ended up moving in with me and my kids, which was not planned on my part, and I regretted. Seeing how non-committal he was, I decided that an ultimatum wasn’t the way I wanted a person to marry me…I broke up and he got an apartment. A few months later, I stopped by and he asked me to marry him. I accepted and we got married a few months later in Hawaii. We had a son one year later. He was a good dad, but not a good stepdad. He was abusive to my kids. We divorced. On Christmas Day, he was found dead by our son when he entered his dad’s apartment to find him. I followed and suffered a bad case of PTSD after that. My son is now 10 and suffers really bad from PTSD. I started dating my kids Scout leader. He is now my DH. We are a good match because we have both suffered in similar ways of being treated poorly in marriages. He listens to me and he truly cares. I think God sent him to me as a matter of survival. I cannot ever imagine life without him. We lost the first baby early m/c. We have 2 together and lost the last baby. We are ttc. We love our children, every single one of them. If we don’t have more, it will be okay, but I’d sure like to have a couple more if possible. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth the risks.

2bBlessedw2
    Participant

MOM2FOUR-Thinking about you hon. I’m kind of upset with your dr. Why? Cuz doesn’t he/she realize that once HCG gets to 1200, it takes 72-96 hours to double???? That’s 3-4 days! So, if yours doubled at 2.2 days…that’s very very good!!!!

lilpigz

wantonemore-Welcome♥ It is awesome to have a page dedicated to us ‘ADVANCED MATERNAL AGERS”,lol. Don’t ya love how that title just echoes and resonates off the walls?;) Have you looked into Vitex? I heard mention of it a lot on here and I believe it helps with ovulating and fertility …autumnrainesmom – Welcome back and congrats!!..weber3- I knew you wouldnt stay away too long♥…2bBlessedw2- Glad all went well with your appointment! Hopefully this pregnancy is easier on you especially since you have the break from fulltime work. I have a REALLY retroverted uterus too, and they normally could NEVER find the babies HB before 18 weeks with the doppler. However..this new DR was able to find it first try at 13 weeks! He looked right below my belly button, which I thought was odd and way higher than it should be at this early in the pg. He told me with every next pregnancy and even previous c/sections, the uterus is atually HIGHER than where the textbook guidelines show it to be as it would be with a first time mom:) Maybe try farther up than you think on your belly?…Im doing well. I think I have developed heart palpitations. It happens only when I lay down on my left side. Kind of freaky to experience, but reassuring to know I wasnt dying,lol. Thank goodness for the internet, because we ALL know it is such a great source for self medical diagnosis,lol. Expecting 4-8 more inches of snow here. Yay. I sooooooo crave springtime♥♥♥

Snooks

Lovinlivin, My first daughter was anterior placenta and breech. Stubborn baby didnt turn so it was an automatic C-sec for me. Water broke at 38w4d so laboured for ten hours but only old school Doctors attempt breech births. The new ones frog march you to a C-sec. There are chiropractic methods called Webster method, which I tried. Made me more comfortable and pain free in final trimester but baby didn’t turn. Good Luck!

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

People might have been wondering about the effects of age toward fertility, and while it’s true that the fertility period may decrease along with age, but there are chances to get pregnant for those who want to do so. See here for the chances of pregnancy for 35 – 40 years old women, and useful methods to raise up the possibility: http://conceiveplan.com/ttc/

Teresa08

Verryterri, I was 1 week away from my 46th birthday and delivered a healthy, beautiful baby boy and I’m not the only one on this site who has had a healthy baby at that age. There are alot of us on here in our 40’s. I believe it depends on the individual. Good Luck

Hi there

New to this forum, just found it. I am 41 and will be 42 when the baby is born. I have 3 other kiddos, the youngest is 7. We are super excited, but of course a little anxious too.

I just can’t believe how tired I am, anyone else?

Mzkae- I’m so sorry. There was no heartbeat or any chance? Just so sad. (((hugs)))

Kimkayb

CHRISTY-Welcome. I was having no luck w/ TTC after 14 months so I was referred to my current FD. On our 3rd month of Clomid I finally fell pregnant. Sadly at 8 weeks our journey ended, so here we are TTC again. Tonight is my last night of Clomid and go back the 3rd for an u/s. If your cycles are not consistant maybe you should try temping to make sure you are ovulating.

astero – CONGRATULATIONS!!! That’s great news! Kim, good luck, so glad that you’re not feeling any side effects. Hope this is your month! Keep us updated on the u/s. Sparky, you have been on a long journey, and I hope more than anything that you get your little miracle :0) My journey was 3.5 years long, so I know how heartbreaking it is, and to long for a baby for so long. Riedoll, good luck, it won’t be long now before you have that little bundle of joy in your arms. So very happy for you!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 5,213 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.