Alcohol

This topic contains 94 replies, has 69 voices, and was last updated by  mommommy2 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author

mamaof2boys

I totally agree with watermelon, I to hope that your baby is ok and I’m sure he/she will be. Its great that you shared your story because now other women might stand up and speak.

HappyForest

i drank before i knew i was pregnant also. i didnt find out until i was 5 or 6 weeks, and i wasnt ttc, so i had no way to know i was pregnant. i stopped as soon as i found out of course, but i was still worried. i was even more worried about my medicine, ativan, though bc i know if for sure causes heart defects if taken during pregnancy. my doctor said not to worry bc i didnt take it everyday and had only taken it a few times before i found out. in november i had a healthy baby boy!! im so lucky and happy. i think there is A HUGE difference between drinking before you know you are pregnant and AFTER you know you are pregnant!! the fact is NO ONE know how much or how little alcohol it takes to cause problems. for some women and babies it might take drinking everyday for 9 months, and for others it could not be so much. that is why its always better to be safe than sorry….

AliL
    Participant

Yea, I agree. My SIL was almost thru her first trimester when she found out and she drank frequently. She even drank almost a whole fifth of Patron on her birthday only to find out a few weeks later that she was 2 1/2 months prego. Her daughter is beautiful and perfect. The pain she suffered her entire pregnancy, wondering if her baby was going to be affected, is not something any woman should have to go through alone.

LauraWard

No more rude, judgemental or negative comments are needed in this forum, or any other forum on the site. Forums are on the site as a means of support, advice and friendship. Please continue to use them for their intended purpose. Any member being rude towards other members will be deleted without warning.

mommommy2
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as many of you. I was also addicted to alcohol before I get to know about my pregnancy and my doctor advised me to get out of it for the health of my baby. At the beginning, I had struggled a lot to cope up with the withdrawal symptoms and pregnancy sickness and sought the help of an addiction treatment near my place ( http://www.bellwood.ca/alcohol-and-drugs-treatment/ ). Their tips and treatment methods helped me to overcome the troubles. Yoga and meditation will also help me to control my urges. Now I’m happy with my baby doll. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.