blocked tube

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Inkedmom 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lejlaw
    Participant

Hi! I am here to found out something about my problem. I have a blocked tube. I don’t know what causes this kind of issue. I am always thinking that I could do something to avoid this problem. Am I wrong?

denisaB
    Participant

If you have had a past history of pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy or a ruptured appendix, it may be that your fallopian tubes are blocked. Fallopian tubes tend to fill with clear fluid, a condition known as a hydrosalpinx. Sometimes they do not fill up with fluid, but the blockage can be ident using a contrast agent . All of this is not your fault. This is something that you can’t influence but you can do something about it to cure this.

lejlaw
    Participant

Thank you! I am feeling a little bit better now. I will do anything to get out of this condition.

Inkedmom
    Participant

@lejlaw It’s been quite a while since this post and I hope you’ve already figured out a way to either solve the problem or circumvent it. I just happened to join the forum and was reading all relevant TTC posts, sorry to hear about your blocked tubes. PP DenisaB has already covered the cause and how it get’s blocked precisely yet completely. What I wanted to say is, there are definitely surgeries to make a blocked tube functional. However, if only one of your tubes is blocked you can still have a chance to conceive naturally as each ovary produces eggs alternatively. Might be less effective but not impossible – just ask your Dr to prescribe some ovulation stimulants like Clomid or Gonal-F or Repronex types. Don’t neglect the treatment of the blocked one though. If you’re on it you might as well keep TTCing it always keeps you covered just in case an egg get’s fertilised the rest will follow as it should be. If you’ve already have had the un-blocking, and the adiagnostic dye test confirmed that both egg routes are fully functional again…. I wish you all the luck in the world to conceive soon! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.