Father to be

This topic contains 80 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  maryparrish 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author

DevinsMommy

my daughter’s father was so supportive during the pregnancy now that she has arrived he comes around and spend time only so i wont be mad and have an attitude his excuse is always work i dont complain i dont argue and its starting to show that it affect him he texts me more and call all day makin sure i know he is really workin.

newmomma2010

Ok so i’m 12 weeks pregnant with my first i’m 20 and my soon to be hubby is 35. I already has an 8 yr old dauhgter whom i love. We haven’t told her yet, fear of miscarriage, but i’m so excited and happy but he is just so laid back about everything. I mean i think about the baby at least once every 3 mins and it seems like he is mad that i have no energy and he is doing everything. I love him so much, but it seems like just because he has been through this before it not a big deal for him. I’ve never been pregnant before so it’s a big deal for me and he has a really short fuse he’ll snap and yell over the littlist things. I’m showing alittle but i’m wondering id once i start showing more maybe he will show more interest alos once we tell his daughter maybe he’ll care more. I’m too the point of tears i’m trying to not let it get to me but i’m scared and nervous and i need his support now more than ever. Oh that and what really ticks me off when he does talk about it with me he keeps comparing me to his ex (who he had the baby with) i’m not he ex i never will be and it hurts me so much that he does. I could really use some words of comfort cause all of my family wants me to get an abortion and the only person i can count on doesn’t seem to care. please respond ladies…. 🙁

arielle
    Participant

So, my boyfriend is not a US citizen. We are trying to find ways to get his citizenship and ensure that nothing happens to him and he doesn’t get deported because he really wants to be here for his soon arriving son and for me. And many people around my area have been getting deported, even for just being at a bus or trolley stop! Please help me out with any information or tips…anything is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

kellym

oh i am sooooo angry!! my fella has been gone for 3 1/2 weeks and not once has he asked our a little boy is and then last ight i get a message asking if this baby is his…………. what a ?$*’Â$^&*!!!!!!!!!! Al this stuff on here about getting theminvolved… sod him, oh god i dont even know what to say im actually physically shaking!!!!!! Sorry ladies just needed to get the off my chest!!

KylaRaquel

Ouch, kelly.m, that sucks… Yeah, my partner hasn’t been too too supportive either, but I am only about 6 – 7 weeks along (I can’t remember what the ultra-sound tech said because I was crying that that baby was healthy and ok), and this pregnancy wasn’t exactly planned (although, nor was it really NOT planned, if that makes any sense…), so maybe he is just still a little shocked. We have known about it for almost a month now, but I’m not really sure how long it takes a new expectant father to realize and accept what is going on… Sometimes he has a really bad attitude towards the whole thing, and my horomonal emotions just want to tell him to take a hike and that I’ll do everything myself (not that I really want that, of course I want the dad to be there too). I just hope he changes his attitude so that things will be a little easier on me than they have been!

Bri

KCity – I wouldn’t worry too much. Ok, so my first wasn’t planned. I was expecting my husband to be very supportive which he was in his way. He’s not the type to go rubbing my belly or talking about the baby to be. He just doesn’t care about pregnancy. It was really bothersome but…once Kekoa was born he turned out to be the best Dad ever! He loves and adores his son. He thinks the world of him and will do whatever it takes to make him a happy and healthy little boy. Now that I’m pregnant again (planned because we stopped using protection but weren’t counting days) he’s the same way again. He really couldn’t care less. I obsess over what is happening inside me and he doesn’t care. Well, I know he does but there are other things for him to worry about. As long as I’m doing what is right he isn’t worried. There isn’t anything he can do about it, right? So, I’m sure that once this child is born he will be the loving father he is to our son. You see, some guys just don’t relate to pregnancy. It isn’t really real to them until they hold the baby in their arms. I know women on here that tell stories of how Dad is talking to their bellies or get kicked because they were laying on the tummy but that doesn’t happen in our family. My husband just doesn’t find the miracle of what’s going on now, only what will be. I hope your guy becomes more involved but if he doesn’t then don’t worry. It doesn’t mean he’s destine to be a terrible father. He may just not relate, yet.

KylaRaquel

Hey again. Thanks Bri, hopefully my guy turns out like your guy. I found out that now I am 9 weeks 2 days, and for the last couple weeks, Jesse (my bf) has changed his attitude a lot. It’s not so much the bad attitude anymore, but the uninterested part that I am experiencing now. It sounds just like you, Bri- I obsess over it too, and he just doesn’t show an interest. He would rather play his video games or do something else rather than listen to me read to him about what is happening at 9 weeks along with the baby or something. It gets me so angry, but maybe you’re right. I just have my doubts that he will be a good father because of this behaviour, but that’s probably only because this will be our first baby together if all goes well. I just wish he would show some sort of interest, because it starts to feel like I’m doing this all on my own and that’s how it will end up when the baby is born (at least, what I think may happen). Gah! Males!

babyluv843

My husband is SO UNSUPPORTIVE. He thinks all of my symptoms are made up, it is horrible. He has only gone to two prenatal appts the first one and the ultrasound, im now 27 weeks along!

christie078 get him a pregnant suit and make him wear it for the weekend thats what I would do tell him to wear it and see how he feels. good luck girl

notready

christie078, I understand. By boyfriend and I are both 21 and this was DEFINITELY not planned. My boyfriend also thinks that I’m making up symptoms and it frustrates me so much. I’m trying to stay calm, but its hard when he acts like a big baby. I don’t know what to do! Generally, I’m not an emotional person, but recently it has really been getting to me.

Hanakalei

notready – our son was not planned either! If i complain about the slightest thing his response is ‘well try doing what i do all day’ well im sorry that you work harder than i do but who cares that doesnt matter!!!! hes so not sympathetic so i just gave up on saying anything to him and just whine to my girlsfriends who make me feel better lol! I cant reach my toes anymore to paint them so i have my friends do it for me because he wont!! Sometimes i think your friends will be a bigger support maybe you should try to lean on them a little more!! i found they have been the best of help through out this whole pregnancy for me!!!!!

Bri

hanakalei – That’s not really fair. Have him trying do ANYTHING will a basketball around his tummy and boobs the size of watermelons. HAHA! His back would hurt too. My husband is now laughing at me. We just bought a TemperPedic bed which is awesome, don’t get me wrong, but…because it doesn’t move it’s hard to roll over. I grunt and moan when trying to roll over. Last night I got stuck in the center of it (king size) and couldn’t find a way to the side. HAHA! Ok, it is kind of funny but back you… It’s his fault!! HAHA! I love this site for that one reason. I can come here and compain, whine and bitch and no one gets mad. I don’t want to complain to the girlfriends because really most of them don’t have kids. My husband has too many stresses and having another was my idea anyways. HAHA! Good Luck with your boyfriend

Hanakalei

Bri – I have a regular bed and I grunt and moan when i roll over lol so dont feel bad!! I think that women have children because men couldnt handle it and that helps me get through my day 🙂

Lozzas2nd

Hi New Momma,
    CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy, your first will be the most exciting feeling you will ever experience, next to giving birth… Don’t be too hard on your man, most blokes just don’t get it until the baby is born and even then, they feel they do not have the connection that a mother does with her baby… And as far as him comparing you constantly to his ex, he is only trying to connect with you in sharing experiences, which is what you want, you are just far to sensitive to realize, cause hey, your pregnant… Talk to him about his short fuse and how it upsets you… Remember you will get yours the more pregnant you become, bring on the hormones, turns us into Mega Bitches from hell… Chin Up, your Preggers, enjoy it… Xx

Bri

aubbalways – This is my second baby and my husband never ‘tries’ to feel the baby. Not that it’s too weird, it’s just that he has no need to feel baby move….But, I can tell you he has. If you are cuddling at night he may get kicked, or giving him a big hug might make baby kick him. HAHA! It happens. I know it’s bothersome but don’t worry about it. I’m sure he’ll be a great Dad, he’s just not as ‘into’ pregnancy as you are.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.