Large families

This topic contains 219 replies, has 91 voices, and was last updated by  Funtimemum80 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 220 total)
  • Author

im getting more then i bargaind for
    im having triplets lol
    and i have a 10 month old

Danikasmumma

Hi all, I am loving the idea of being a SAHM to a footy team. I only have one now but she is 9mnths and DH and i are already TTC number 2. With the family history of cancer it’s a big thing for me to have my children sooner rather then later. I am hoping to have at least 4 kids and at most 8! I don’t really class 4 as a large fam but its big enough for me and DH. well i hope you all have a wonderful xmas and for those TTC, i hope you all get your BFP this month. And for those who are just PG I hope you don’t suffer with too much MS this xmas and new years .

MAG04

WE HAVE 5 CHILDREN MY TWO ARE 15 & 13 HIS OR 6 & ALMOST 3 AND OUR NEW BABY SARAH… IM SO STRESSED ON MONEY NOW. IM JUST BACK TO WORK AND IM THE ONLY ONE WORKING. MY MOM LIVES WITH US TOO, SHE IS RETIRED AND FIGHTING BREAST CANCER. SHE HELPS WITH THE MOTRGAGE AND I HANDLE THE BILLS. I JUST DONT KNOW HOW IM GOING TO DO CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR PLUS I HAVE 2 BIRTHDAYS IN DEC… I AM ALL ABOUT HAND ME DOWNS AND CUTTING OUT UNNECESSARY EXPENCES BUT I NEED SOME IDEAS. SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF U HAVE ANY

SupermomPj

momofeight – thanks for the input. i am trying hard to make ends meet with one income, and i am considering very stongly to being a sahm. we had to purchase a van this weekend to fit the new baby in even though i am only 12 weeks i wanted to get a head start on the purchase. so that is another payment. we started planning meals this weekend too actually the kids seem to really enjoy each picking a meal for the week and posting it on the fridge this will help with a shopping list to fill the weekly menu. thanks again!

MommyXs3

Hi everyone! This isn’t my first time posting on this forum but I wanted to ask …..How hard is it having a large family? How do you make ends meet? My DH and I just had our 3rd and insanely enough are considering a 4th. I think that will be it for us but I’m kinda worried. I’d love to be a SAHM but I’m not sure how to make that work with 4 kids. My oldest is 9, then 5, and now 3 months. Any suggestions would be great! I still have time to decide but I think I’d really like to have a 4th. Most people I know will think we’re nuts! HAHA!

Vikki

HI there, to all those that I haven’t met yet! I am expecting number 7! We are thrilled. We’ve lost 12 along the way. So the age range is from nearly 20yrs down to 3 1/2yrs. My family doesn’t understand and neither does the in-law side. I too get the ‘ Do you know what causes it’ To which I now am starting to say ‘ Why YES, why? Does your hubby need tips?’ I say this with a smile so’s not to upset but to put things in perspective. I also like to come back with ‘ Well what can I say my husband LOOOOOVES me LOL 😀 ‘

SupermomPj

mommyx3 – i am pregnant with our fourth ages 9, 5 and 3, all girls i can’t see how having another child really puts a dent in the pocketbook. unless you are paying for daycare! i have a great mother who watches our children i pay her but not the regular rate by any means. i have to say no matter the cost you have to consider regrets down the road. truth is you will NEVER regret having another one, but you could regret not having another one. money shouldn’t be a factor when considering adding a child to the family. love, family and God will get you thru the tough times

MommyXs3

Supermom- I agree, finances aren’t my biggest issue. It’s just one that we deal with ALOT. It seems we barely make ends meet now and that being a SAHM mom is impossible. That is my ultimate goal and if it works out, then I know we could have a 4th. I’ve got to figure out a way to make a small amount of money from home. Nothing major. Just grocery money really. LOL. I also agree that not having one is a big regret that you can’t take back. We won’t be deciding for at least a year so I think we have some time. 🙂 Thanks for commenting…it really helps!

SupermomPj

i have been contemplate being a SAHM also. i am thinking about doing daycare for 3 other children after i give birth in May. that would help a little considering i would save some that i pay my mom and also parking, and gas fee

MommyXs3

Supermom- I’ve thought about that but don’t really know anyone in need of childcare. My income is half of what it was because I only came back part time. We have a vehicle that we will have paid off in 10 months. That alone will save a huge chunk. I would only need 100-150 a week but it seems there’s nothing legit. I just don’t know how some people do it. Who knows…maybe DH will get a raise again and that would help! HAHA!

Allyson
    Participant

I am hoping that my husband and I can get pregnant again real soon. I just turned 39, and am anxious to complete our family with one more pregnancy. We just had twins in July, and one of my twins passed away from T-13. We were so excited to be having our 4th and 5th sons, and I miss him terribly. I am not trying to replace him by hoping to have another. I just don’t want to be done yet. I love being a mom, and having children is just the most amazing thing I have ever done, I still have so much more to give. Anyhow, I hope to get preggo again sometime this year, and with any luck we can have another wonderful child to add to our family. Best wishes.

SupermomPj

erinb – thanks for the positive outlook. i know its possible i just have to get things in order, i have made a few small steps toward the goal. i am only three months along right now so i have until may to make the decsion. i guess one thing on my mind is why didn’t i do this sooner? are the older girls going to feel jipped that i didn’t sah with them?

peach

You all have to see this video: http://vimeo.com/1509073

It’s a song about being a mom!

Vikki

Christmas is fun with the little ones isn’t it!?A CHRISTMAS TIP. If your little ones try and pull the bottom of the tree, put the play pen around it. I also put the presents on the inside of the play pen and put tinsel on it to brighten it up. I also put the stockings on the playpen so it is still festive but not LOOKING forbidden

Vikki

The Duggar family just had number 18!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.