Polycystic ovarian synrome pcos

This topic contains 332 replies, has 152 voices, and was last updated by  i-am-pregnant 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 333 total)
  • Author

mjharbinson

Does anyone know, I have PCOS, I am on Metformin and Prometrium to stop what was a never ending period for a couple months now. If I am having 28 day cycles does this mean I am actually ovulating, or as normal just having the cycle of hormones?

MJamison

anyone with PCOS have GD?

baby1
    Participant

hey just to say i have pcos, and after 2 and half years of trying this includes 9 months of clomid, we now have a son!! 🙂 I came off the clomid, relaxed and got pregnant the month after!!! So conceived naturally in the end!

RaychelDavey

Hey ladies! I’m new to this forum. We’ve been TTC for over a year now, finally got the referral from my doctor to see the infertility clinic. My first appointment is January 21st! I used this site when we were TTC the first time, now we’re trying for our 2nd =)

angicat1
    Participant

ladies just wanted to say hi and that i have pcos. after two easily concieved children i had three m/c and i am currently 18 weeks preggers. we got preggers with this last one as soon as i went on vacation and relaxed. we actually concieved the second day of vacation. Best advice i can give is relax and it will help

Hello. This is my first comment, and I don’t know how to work this website. I have PCOS, am overweight, and have been TTC for a few years. Next month we start our first IUI round with injections. Anyone else here in the same boat?

Amie123
    Participant

I have PCOS and I am pregnant prior to any medication!! I did take metaphormin but what helped me the most was, ‘GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS!’

Ericaluz

I have pcos. I’m 29 and my gyno wants to remove my uterus . I have a little boy age 6 who I call my miracle boy! Because I’ve gained so much weight ( 175 pounds ) I was embarrassed to go back to my doctors…. My period was on and off, 3 months with it , then 3 months without it, so on and so on… One day I got my period, and it just NEVER WENT AWAY! Ladies, I kid you not, I had it for 6 months straight! It was bad, I ended up in tue hospital, in the cardiac arrest unit, with my hemoglobin at 3—:( I had 4 units of blood transfused and a dnc, that when the doctor wanted to remove my uterus (I was 28). He said my pcos was bad… My sugar was high, hair is exteamly thin, and it was just a matter of time that, once again, I’d get my period and it wouldn’t go away with out another dnc…. Well, I’m 29 and once again to ky horror, 3 weeks into my period…praying that it will stop. I just want all this to go away! People that see me now, are in shock -I don’t even look close to how I look 7 years ago. This is my final draw-I’m getti

left83

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, and I was put on YAZ. I finished the samples of YAZ my doctor had given me and now I’m 13 days late. My cycles are usually between 28-34 days….I’m on day 41 now. My husband-very jokingly-pinched my ta-tas and it really hurt. I’ve been having bouts of nausea and heartburn. I’ve taken 3 HPTs, but they were all negative. Could it be possible that I’m pregnant? My husband swears up and down that I am, especially since he commented that I look like I’ve bloated up some. I’ve also had some pressure in the area of my uterus. I don’t want to keep spending money on HPTs, and I know that it is hard to get pregnant with PCOS, so I don’t want to get my hopes up. Any words of advice and/or encouragement sure would help.

Ericaluz

Getting the badiatric surgery. Because weight loss is my only hope…. Let’s see how it goes….
    I will get tru this! Good luck to you all…..

baby1
    Participant

left83……go to the docs huni…get them to give you a blood test. can’t go wrong! Lots of luck!! xx

lolak84

Hi ladies have any of you had ovarian drilling done? I could really do with advice on what happens after the procedure as I’m left in limbo!! Xx

JesseeCee

I found out about 5 months ago that I had PCOS. It was actually my mother who suggested I investigate and this was after my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks. I was put on 1500mg og Metformin about 3 months ago and I am now 6 weeks pregnant and continuing tot ake my metformin. This is supposed to reduce my chances of miscarriage butI am still a nervous wreck thinking that I may lose this baby too

littlemama86

Is it possible for PCOS to come back after you’ve had to kids? if anybody has any answers please message me on my page.

amanda826
    Participant

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and also have PCOS. I found out last December that I had it. The doctor put me on birth control pills to regulate my period, being that I stopped getting one all together 14 months prior. He decided to put me on the birth control because I was not trying to concieve at that time. Apparently the birth control had the opposite effect on me as it’s supposed to and made me completely fertile. I have had a pretty normal and healthy pregnancy thus far. I was so concerned at first but everything pretty much worked itself out. The first snag i’ve come across is I failed my 1 hour GD test. I just took the 3 hour test 3 days ago and are currently waiting for the results. I know woman with PCOS have a higher rate of getting GD so my fingers are crossed. I know it probably feels like there is no hope and chances are so slim on concieving, but trust me, it’s very possible and very possible to have a healthy pregnancy as well. I hope everybody has much luck on concieving!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.