Polycystic ovarian synrome pcos

This topic contains 332 replies, has 152 voices, and was last updated by  i-am-pregnant 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 333 total)
  • Author

auroracoladybug
    Participant

Just diagnosed with PCOS a few months ago…I still think there is more to my problems…I have been overweight my whole life even when highly active and never even home… Kwagg- I don’t know if you would believe me but my mother and father had a mc just after they married and then could not concieve…hormone problems with my mom make me think she may have suffered from PCOS too (I know my sister does)…a friend and later family doctor said to use medicated duche (sp?) and they successfully had my sister after the first try and then 3 years later got preggo with me. You may choose to ignore me because I had a hard time believing it but they even had a rH factor with us… I would get a fertility monitor and maybe try it?
    GOOD LUCK!

toomanyyrs

em2 & ouqa & dom
    Thank you ladies for your input. I am not brave but more scared. I have been on this emotional rollercoaster for 20 yrs now. I have yet to get a pos test. I spoke with my Dr.s and they both agree that my levels may be to low to read right away if I ever become preg. So I am looking forward to Tues in some deg. I want to know but not sure if I am not if I can take another sorry yet again. I broke down did a hpt and it was bfn, however even the instruction inside said that if you suffer from irreg cycles or have cysts it could give you a false reading. My body is doing stuff I have never noticed before. I don’t know why AF did not show if I am not. Like I have said AF is like clock work when taking meds to bring it on. My Dr told me not to take the clomid if I do not get AF. One thing he did say when he did the internal ultra sound was that it was looking good not too many cysts. There is nothing else that would stop it from happening. He did a full exam when I first went to him. So it was just a matter of getting me to ovulate. After the first lot of clomid my levels were 1. The second lot I was put up to 2x clomid and my levels were 2.5. So without knowing what my levels were before the clomid it is hard to say if my 2.5 is everyone elses norm level what ever that may be. I do remember some years back one of my levels came back in the neg.
    Funny thing is that when I was 15 and first finding out what was going on a Dr. did some tests on me. When he got the results back he said according to this you have gone through medopause (sp?). So we did the test again and that time it indicated I was dead. LOL I thought that was the funniest thing and looked at him and said well I am doing great for a dead person lol. So that to me says that I can’t go by levels like others and that if I am it may not be so easy tell right away. Trust me when I say I am not normal lol.

annad15
    Participant

Hi Ladies. I just had a question for you. I have been on femara for about 4 months ans have always had a period while on it and 28 days like clockwork. Each month I have had EW CM around my ‘ovulation’ time. Well, this month, no period but also a BFN. The only werid thing is that I have had EW CM almost all month long. I have never had this before. Any experiences or comments would be great. I am kind of at a lost. Well, Babydust to all you you!

Synthiaw

Merry Christmas to you all!!

DReame

Hello my name is dreame I have been diagnosed with pcos o about ten years ago it has drastically changed for me though my biggest concern was about getting pregnant after trying for about 3 yrs I did acheive this my advice to all you out there trying is to take prenatal pills an folic acid. I also was given metformin which worked great aside from the horrible things it does to my stomach.

Bekah123

Well about 2 months ago I FINALLY got diagnosed with PCOS and dr started me on Metformin. Before starting the Metformin I had been bleeding for over a month straight and about 3 or 4 days of the meds it stopped. The next month I had a hysteroscopy and D& C done. My lining was very thick which is what was causing me to have excessive bleeding and LARGE clots. Wells is been 5 weeks now and I haven’t started a cycle yet. Any idea whats normal for after a procedure like that as far as the next cycle goes? I know its prolly different for everyone just wondering if anyone knew anything about it? Thanks

Mrsrheins

please check out my poll. thanks 🙂

Synthiaw

Happy New Year to all May next year bring your happiness and may all your dreams come true.

ryleighsmom

kwagg, don’t let them tell you it is your weight. I am over 200lbs, and I had my son 4 years ago no problem. Now I have PCOS, and I was still able to conceive, although I am going through miscarriage right now. But I am the same weight now as I was with my son, and he was FINE…don’t get me wrong, we should all acheive to be healthy, but stressing over the weight issue doesn’t help.

Dree2010

Hi ladies..this morning I took a hpt and got a faint positive, using the longs drugs brand. I don’t kno when I’m suppose to be expecting my period, since they are very irregular from the pcos. However, I mark down when my fiance and are intimate and just count back 4 wks..and assume its accurate. Anywho, we had sex on dec 7th, so I figure if I’m prego, that’s when we conceived..is that right? Can anyone help me on this pls…I’m really confused…thanks:)

ryleighsmom

Also wanted to ask, I am new to this section. Have frequented the TTC-After Loss section. Basically, I have PCOS, hypothyroid, and anemia…anyone else have this combo of issues? I just started seeing a doctor who specailizes in PCOS/Hypothyroid, and he has put me on a diet that is NO CARB…it works!! Losing 5lbs a week. Was doing this until I got pregnant, but now am miscarrying, and once I get through all of this, I am going to go back to lose some more weight…

Synthiaw

hi girls, just a question i am on the pill and not due for my period but i am bleeding and have been for about 2 days now, is this just my period come early or something i should worry bout the hossy wouldnt do anything.

ljmom

LADIES… please do not give up!!!! I am 26 and last year was diagnosed with PCOS. Iwas told then of all the details and sets backs of this messy syndrome… after talking it over with my fiance we decided not to let that hold us back. I was told on November 14, 2008 that I would need help getting pregnant. Nov 29, 2008 my baby boy was conceived on Dec 15, 2008 I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant…. working on week 18…. I am on bed rest however un related to PCOS…. ladies please keep the faith and don’t give up!!!!! I also want to tell you I did take all natural progesterone at 30ml twice a day. Good luck!!!

Synthiaw

NO MORE PILL!!! WHOO

Mrsrheins

I haven’t had af show up since Feb. 7. My doc put me on both metformin and provera last month. I still haven’t had a period, but I get queasy from time to time, I am getting more tired everyday, and I keep getting feelings of cramping like af is coming but still nothing. I did have some discharge with dark blood in it but only when I wipe (sorry tmi). Has anyone had anything like this happen to them before? It would be nice if I am pregnant (although I took two hpts last week that were bfn). My doc said if I don’t start by Monday to come in.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.