Ttc

This topic contains 52 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  i-am-pregnant 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

ermsmom

Does anyone know if breastfeeding can alter HPT results? The background is that I am breastfeeding my 7 month old however I’ve have AF back since my LO was about 2 months. It’s been pretty regular since I’ve gotten it back. I’m now 5 days late and when I took a HPT the other morning it came back with what looked like a positive but the line was kind of faint. Because the line was faint I’m still not 100% convinced.

luvbeingamom

erm – Congrats on the pregnancy! My doc said that faint or bright, a positive line is a positive line!

kathy=^^=

i am only breast feeding and my baby is a little over 2 months and im having a period. this says its much harder to get preggo while bf and i was wondering if i can have a period and not ovulate! please answer on my page thanks

Redheadmama

I have an 8 1/2 month old son who exclusively breastfeeds, but has been night-weaned for five months. I’ve had 28 day cycles since then. It’s been 3 months of TTC… and wondering if breastfeeding might be hindering anything? anyone have thoughts??

Bri

Hey ladies! So, hubby and I are stopping birth control which means no more condems. My son is 17months and breastfeeding. I’ve had my cycle back since he was 9months. It’s fairly regular so we’ll see… We aren’t actively trying but we aren’t going to stop anything. I’m hoping that by the end of summer I will be pregnant. I’m excited. We recently bought a four bedroom house, I also quit working. I can’t wait to get pregnant again. Kekoa will be an awesome older brother. He loves little ones and was so good with the little ones at school. Crossing our fingers. Hey, Kekoa was an oops. I was on the pill when that happened so we’ll see how things go when I’m not…. January 2010 baby?

kathy=^^=

well my son is 7 months old and ive been having what i think are regular periods there 36 to 38 days. well we havent used any birth control and still havent become pregnant so i bet its gonna be hareder for me…. i guess well just have to play the waiting game

Lissie

You can have a period and not ovulate. You can ovulate and not have a period. That’s what they taught in my women’s health class. The body is complex and amazing. Anyway, I was going to say that my daughter was 10.5 months old and feeding 4X/day without night feedings when I conceived again. I had 3 periods that were further apart than usual but fairly regular before conceiving. Everyone is different. I did learn in class that breastfeeding is NOT an effective form of birth control–especially if you are not feeding around the clock at least every 3-4 hours. It may make it more difficult for some women though. Like I said we are all different. Good luck to you all 🙂

Bri

Kathy – try and ovulation kit or start getting your basal temp. It might help you to get pregnant by knowing when you do ovulate.

Bri

Ok, so it looks like my fertile days is suppose to be the 8th or 10th but we started BD Thursday and last night. If we do every other day for the next two weeks I think I should become pregnant. I guess it is wishful thinking. I always do that. I want something and set myself up for disappointment when it doesn’t happen. I guess I should know around May 1st ish. I should be my period the end of this month so if I don’t by May 5th then I think I would be. HAHA! We’ll see in a month! I hope so. We just moved and unpacking I found a bunch of shirts that my boobs are too big for now. Oh well. I can put them off until the next one is weaned. Oh wait then I would be wanting a third. Ok, ebay might be my best option. These shirts are so nice though. Ann Taylor, Black White, Nordstroms and such. Se la vie.

Bri

I’m sorry Kathy, but don’t give up hope. You’ll get pregnant soon. I’m debating whether to test Tuesday morning or not. I am suppose get my period on Saturday so Tuesday would be four days early. I really really hope I am. It will be depressing if I’m not.

Bri

So ladies, if there are any TTC nursing mommies out there. I checked several site and ovulation should be tomorrow. I’ve been having sex every other day since my period ended, that includes Wednesday and tonight. YAY! So, hopefully somethings going on inside me. I’m taking my prenatals and eating right. Somewhat exercising, yoga. I hope everything is aligned and a new baby will come the beginning of January. 1/2/10 would be the offical due date….until the doctor decides to change it. HAHA! Say a little prayer for me, ok ladies. I need good karma coming this way.

Bri

Samj – Congrats on your pregnancy. It goes to show that it can be done! HAHA! Your story also shows that when pregnant and breastfeeding a lot of work needs to go into keeping supply up. I’m sorry you found out so late why supply was low. Nursing and pregnancy both require a lot of work out of your body. I plan on baby led weaning but I suspect that if I’m pregnant (crossing my fingers!) then Kekoa will wean himself fairly quickly. He’s 17months now so I have no worry about it. I will miss our cuddle time but he will have to wean eventually.

AngieP
    Participant

Bri – I had to cut down breast feeding to 2-3 times a day. My son is 20 months old now and I haven’t been on the pill for probably 7 or 8 months. My periods were fairly regular, with the exception of a few. My son nursed a lot. I finally had to really cut down on breast feeding and my periods came back full force. I had two really heavy periods and then became pregnant in February. I have my first u/s tomorrow. I was so confused on when I ovulated. I just guessed. I bought some ovulation tests that didn’t work. But apparently we picked the right time some how. We weren’t really, really trying. We just thought it would happen when it was supposed to. Now I’m just hoping the u/s goes good tomorrow. My last period was February 3rd, but I didn’t get a positive test until the middle of March. I kept getting negatives.

Bri

Angie! When I got pregnant with Kekoa my last period was February 4th. My due date was Nov 11th but we had him on the 4th. Kekoa only nursed three times today. I think I’m ovulating now but I’m not quite sure what my body is doing. I have been having cramping feelings all day. Ovulation, implation or something else? I just don’t know. I am starting to obsess about though. I hope things go well. If not then I guess it wasn’t meant for this month. I orginally wanted to wait until end of summer, early fall to have a spring or summer baby but I just don’t want to. If it takes that long I might go crazy but in the end I will be happy.

mandarae

Angie and Bri – just had to comment. My last period before I got preggo with the girls was Feb 4th too! My due date was Nov 10th, but they were born on Sept 25, 2008 at 33 weeks. They are now 6 1/2 months old, and this month is only my 2nd period… but it was exactly 28 days! Hopefully my cycle will stay regular and if something happens, WHOO HOOO!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.